Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do Volenteer work with your blazer (Oct 12th in Tx)!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddin4fun, Sep 30, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Oct 12th is Yam Jam! It's a great family deal! We go out and glean a sweet potato crop, gather them up in bags and they go to a food bank in Texas. Last year it rained and we had a severe shortage of 4x4's. I had to pull at least 20 cars (and some '4x4' suv's *snicker*) out of the mud and for a big part of the day, I was the only one who could go into the back of the field to collect potatos until they got a tractor.
    So, anyway we need people! It's in Canton, tx...about 2hrs east of Dallas. It's alot of fun and for a good cause! PM me with your email so I can put you on an email list and give you more info. Pickups and blazers are very handy. I do suggest you take the top off and if you care about the rear part of the interior, wrap it in plastic cause it'll get pretty dirty. And if you don't want to bring your truck/blazer/4x4, fine! We need lots and lots of potato pickers (we usually get into potato fights /forums/images/icons/grin.gif )

There's usually lots of kids out there too. It's just alot of fun and it's really a good thing with the family. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    So pm me your email and I'll give you more detailed info.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Some pics from last year:

Semi was stuck...they finally talked to the farmer and used his HUGE tractor to pull it out lol! We were hoping that maybe a little tug from my blazer would do it, but nope! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif
    [​IMG]

Blazer after a hard day's work /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    [​IMG]

I had more pics, but I lost them when my puter died /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Anyway...lots of fun! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I've been for the last 3 or so years /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It's in Canton, tx...about 2hrs east of Dallas.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You must drive slow. 2 hours east of Tx is Shreveport Lousianna. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif