Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do we have any doctor's here

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoSmog73, Jul 23, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Do we have any doctor\'s here

Sorry guys no harm meant but not engine doctors..LOL Real MD's I have a major cold, cough also every 20 seconds [red]THIS SUCKS[/red]and I have no insurance now but have goting some meds and still have this FAWKING COUGH to the point of throwing up each time....
    And thanks but the rum and coke dosen't work...LOL...Thanks to all mike /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Re: Do we have any doctor\'s here

I have some cough syrup with codeine in it if you want it? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, I'm a doctor!!

Trust me...I'm a proctologist!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. crithke

crithke Registered Member

now i'm no doctor....but i'd say you'll be alright

unless you cough up a lung, spleen, stomach or other vital organ...in which case i'd say you're screwed

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

In reply too :::
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Trust me...I'm a proctologist!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was waiting for you to chime in with that...LOL

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Not a doc but was a nurse years ago. Unless you have some bizarre disease, you either have 1) a bacterial based illness, which will respond to antibiotics, 2) a viral infection which won't respond to antibiotics, but they can be taken as a preventative measure to stop any bacterial infection from setting in due to weakened immune system, 3) you have a severe salt and potassium depletion, which will manifest itself as a full blown flu / cold. If it's been hot out there, or you've been doing heavy manual labor with it even a little hot, salt potassium depletion will occur.

So, you can try antibiotics, starting with 2-4 250 mg. caps to sart, then 1 every 4 hours. You should see a significant change within 4 days. If not, it's either viral, and will eventually go away, or salt/potassium.

I would recommend taking massive quantities of Vitamin C (1000 mg doses every hour, as long as no empty stomach), along with B1 and B complex daily - will offset any side effects of the antibiotics. You can buy antibiotics at the pet store without a prescription. Try Amoxicillin (but you can also buy ampecillin or tetracycline). They are made for tropical fish, but have the same dosage and sufficient grade to be fine for people. I've taken them when needed for many years, with absolutely no bad effects.

You can get salt and potassium tablets at Vitaminsthatwork.com Do a search for salt, potassium. You'll also see "cell salts". They are kickass remedies for fatigue, coldlike symptoms, etc. arising from hot weather.

You can take an over the counter cough suppressant for the cough until you get this under control.

7. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Is it just a dry cough or is it sorta flemmy? If it's a dry cough, then take some cough syrup. If it's a cough that's producing crap (snot/flem etc) then you don't want to take a cough syrup cause you need to get that out. If it is flemmy, then you might want to try a decongestant that will dry you up a bit which should help your cough.
    My mom was a doc and that's what she always made us do.

Is your tummy upset or is it cause of all the coughing that you're vomiting?

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Oh, and warm tea sweetened with honey will help you loosen crap up if you're flemmy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Try echinacia (sp?) tea...it'll boost your immune system.

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You can buy antibiotics at the pet store without a prescription.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

... and don't worry about the furry tail that will grow out of your butt, you will get used to it over time.

Also, make sure you pick up some Scooby Snacks to help improve your mood and don't forget the Rawhide chew toys. They will help to remove those annoying Scooby Snack stains from your teeth.

/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

10. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

ROTFLMAO!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Thanks to all my wife has the ashma and broncitus thing going on and I think I have the 2nd of the two and there is nothing moving or coming up in the cough just very annoying..I have some zithromax thatI am taking and an inhaler and cough syrup and still got no sleep at all last night......
    Also I have the whezing when I exhale,,...LOL
    So I am hoping not to much longer And the antibotics will take effect..mike

12. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

If its that bad go to the doctor it will be less then a $100.