Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do wheel spacers increase stress?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, May 1, 2006.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

Im talkin about the 1.5" rear ones. I just got my tax return and well :D i need to buy something, (mudding and not getting the truck *that* dirty dont work for me) My dad keeps tellin me no b/c he says it'll make me increase stress on the rearend. Are these things realy that big of a deal? to me it just seems like a wheel w/ alota backspacing. Whats yalls thoughts on this?

BTW i got a 10 bolt 3.08s and 33s

2. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

do the spacers have their own set of studs?

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yes they do increase stress but I dont really know how much. You might be ok with 33s if you have good wheel bearings but in my opinion you shouldnt do it. If your dead set on getting a wheel spacer then I would get a 14bff. Those big full floating hubs and big bearings can take a lot more stress then your 10b can.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I second spending the money on a wider/better rear end and not spacers. :)

3.08's and 33's suck anyways, if you find a decent 6 lug 10 bolt front/14SF rear combo you could keep your stock tires/wheels, or go with 8 lug in either 14SF or FF, but need new wheels.

Spacers on a 10 bolt on a truck that is actually wheeled? Much better things to spend money on. :)