Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do you ever get tired of your K5/K10/K20/K30/Burb

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Dec 30, 2003.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

NOT ME!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I wish I could see my driveway from my living room so I could look at it some more. Every time I walk outside I love looking at it and planning future mods. I have it on my desktp at work and at home (every other month...have to share with the wife she actually gets tired of looking at it for some reason /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Anyway just thinking out loud looking for some opinions /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

only when it gives me fits like when i got tons of dirt in the carb and it wanted to idle around 3k.. or when i blew the rear end out of it (no big deal), then noticed the front end leaking fluid out the tube, and me being the pessimist that i am decided i should sell it because that seal is a pita to change.. ended up filling the front end and keeping it... ive regretted getting rid of every vehicle ive ever owned..this truck hopefully isnt going anywhere..

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

depends, a month ago, I would have sold the pair for a sandwitch ( a really good sandwitch mind you). Since I've solidified my action plan on how I'm going to make Burbanzilla king of the road again, I'm not getting rid of it. I have pressure from my parents, my grandfather, family, friends, etc to get rid of it, but I know once I do, I'll never get another one. ever. not never... I mean lets face it: 1973 K20 Super Cheyenne suburbans just don't come out of nowhere every day now do they...

-Rich

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

"I'm naked", bahhaahha. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I love my K5. It drives sweet, 4wheels sweet, sounds sweet, tows sweet, it's fast and thats sweet, it's not stock and is built up and thats also sweet, and it looks really really sweet too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

How could any one get tired of their blazer? I mean its a CHEVY ( most important ), it has two doors ( macho factor ), v-8 power ( more macho factor ). What more does a person need.

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

GEEEZZZE! so many naked people on this site /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    oh and you forgot one, and yes i love my LUV /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

now and then.

I feel lost without a pickup. A lot of times I wish I hadn't sold the CTD and had offed the K5 instead. I'm becoming lazy and dont want to wrench on stuff as much anymore. Hence, the reason the K5 is at the shop right now getting exhaust and a tie rod. Both things that I probably could do myself, but i'm too damn lazy right now. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

If I can get in it, drive it down the road, and nothing pisses me off about it then i LOVE it. But whe I try to do somthing to it and it fights back and gives me a hard time then i hate it. Seems every other day I will make plans on how much i could sell it for , other days I plan on how to spend more money on it. Not to hijack but (mabey im crazzy..) who else thinks of there trucks almost as a person? Ya know ya yell at it when your mad and tell it your proud of it when it does amazing things. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

9. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I never get tired of mine, but my wife sure as hell does!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i get tired of mine alot, ask SF87K5, that truck gets me so pissed off that i want to get rid of it and buy a Rubicon /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif (yes i said it, lift tires and YOUR DONE /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif) /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

depends on what day of the week it is...and how many problems it has at a time..

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

depends on what day of the week it is...and how many problems it has at a time.. its up for sale now but once and a while i stare at it and think im doing the wrong thing..(most likly am) and i will defenetly miss the thing..but i cant afford to drive a 10 mpg truck right now and it would just wind up sitting cause i dont have the moeny for the things i wanan do to it..better of driving the s-10 for now and just saving..besides if im ganna put all that money and time into something i rather it be a blazer than a pickup..but all in all i think its a sweet ass truck! really stands out in the parking lot!

13. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I never get tired of mine, but my wife sure as hell does!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, my GF always says she wishes she was my K5 because she would get touched and played with more often then. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

In the last month
    New gear box
    new ball joints
    new axle u joints
    new 1/4 floor in cab
    new carpet
    and this weekend new trans

The month before last was
    new tires new tie rods new shcoks new shaft u joints new engine new torque convertor new bushings in the springs new shackles new head lights. im sure im forgeting some stuff.

And now even though on monday Im gonna lose my job, Ill sell my body for change before I sell the k5 for food.

15. 88 jimmychanga

88 jimmychanga Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, my GF always says she wishes she was my K5 because she would get touched and played with more often then. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! Mine says the same thing, no joke! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! Mine says the same thing, no joke! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif