Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do you ever wonder....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Mar 23, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

What your life would have been like, if you would have made that one desicion long ago, that would have altered your future today? Do you wonder how much different things would have been now? And if you had to go back and re-do it, what would you change, and where do you think you would be NOW???? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Just food for thought.....

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I think about it once or twice a month. And while it was simply a social decision, it's turned out it made all the difference in the world. And I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Cool, im not bichin or anything, i got it ok,, i just wonder sometimes, people, places ,,etc.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I think a what could have been, and wonder what could have been different, but you need to realize, or rather, what I realized, is that even if you could go back and make the bad good, you wouldn't have the memory of what is good in your life now

If you concentrate on the good now, and do the best you can now, it will always be just fine

The ticket to the future, is always open

5. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I am on my fourth marriage now, so I have spent a lot of time in "what if" land. Never regret a past decision, just try to learn from them and go on. We all make ourselves a little crazy scrutinizing our past.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I wonder, but wouldn't change a thing.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

3 Tree - I'm stalking you this morning.

What If = Wasted Initiative.

Can't change the past so the only possible good is to use it for reference. Unless you simply enjoy a leisurely trip down f-up memory lane.

Of course if the memories are good ones knock yourself out.

ADDY: on the funny side High Pinion I bet you have some fond memories of turds. :D

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  8. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

There is one decision I made poorly as a punk HS kid that always makes me wonder where I'd be had I chosen differently. No desire to go back, just want to see the parallel Universe.

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Yup all the time. If i had decided to wear my seatbelt that one fatefull day i would have been crushed by a semi. Not 100% sure if i would be dead, but i would be majorly ****ed up. Not wearing it probobally saved my life and because I injured my back and required MRI's, they found the degeneration in my back that i had not previously known about. When they found it i was at the point where any day now lifting to much could have caused parts of my back to collapse. Lifes a bitch right now, but at least im still here doing my thing alive. Sometimes life is funny like that.

At the same time i question not driving home that day like i was going to. If i had, who knows what would have happened, for all i know because i drive slowly with the trailer i would not have been at the spot of the accident when it happened, and maybee my dad would still be here with us. Who knows.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I think too much....

I think about it all the time--what I could have done to change things,why I did nothing but bitch about it instead of DOING something--there are lots of things I wish I did different--like flip out and kick the bully's ass that tortured me in grade school,instead of running home crying for mommy--and telling off my boss that scarred me for life with his constant insults and belittleing-Not drinking and experementing with drugs, or doing something when I saw my friends heading down the wrong path,that led to an early grave..-keeping more of my many classic muscle cars and 4x4's..having more ambition and making more money than I did,etc...:crazy:

-But maybe thats the way God planned it,and you cant argue with Him--he does things for a reason,I am starting to believe more every day our lives are planned in advance,and there is only so much you can do to change things--you can try,but it He will steer you back onto His course--I remember seeing something on TV about a "list",that has everyones name on it,and thier life history all written out--I think its a bit hard to comprehend,but its probaby possible--its kinda like Gods"recipe" book...its not ALL in our control...

11. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Theres a handful of situations in my life that I think about like that. :( Too late now, but hopefully if similar situations arise, I make the other choice and wont have anymore "what if's".. :D

12. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I always wonder. Like they say, if I knew then what I knew now. I would now be either a Marine or a firefighter. Instead of having no clue and being too old and too many health problems to do either.... not that I am old or anything..... :grin:

13. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Thought I saw a strange face peeking through the shower door this morning!!!!!

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I got a couple of those what if moments.

In 87 I dropped out of computer programming school...over the dress code ironically enough. Spent 3 years paying off the tutition. Went to welding school and I think I'm much more suited to working with steel...but I do ocassionally wonder.

I wouldn't change anything even if I could...wouldn't want to take the chance it would change something else for the worse, like maybe not meeting my wife.

Rene

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

16. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Its ok, one day , its going to happen to you.

=The wife is plunging, plunging, and plunging, calling you on the phone ,,,"Oh my gosh, the house is FLOODING!!! "

She is crying, and plunging, the water has now destroyed the hardwood floors ,and is warping them.

You burst in the door,,,, look around, and say " Oh man, we better call the plumber"

She is still crying and plunging:haha:

One of these days, your time will come, and i will be on the other line like the reaper wating to pray on his victim:haha: when you call....ra ra ra

Then you will say,,, "I wonder "WHAT IF" i should have STFU that day :grin: :haha:

17. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

:bow: :waytogo: :waytogo:

Eloquently put!!

Rene

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

No ck5 for u :rotfl:

19. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Been there and done that HP, got bent over pretty good. I still walk like I just got out of the saddle after a week's ride. :D

20. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Its funny, yesturday I was talking to my wife about going to school to be an airline pilot . i know damn whell i wont ever do it, but, i guess its just another one of those "what if" things lol, that would be COOL!!! It will never happen, but i can dream . :grin: :haha: