Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do you ever?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 68MUDSTUD, Feb 19, 2007.

1. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

do you ever hear a song and it brings back memories so strong its like that time is rolling like a movie in a theatre? listening to Nobody's Fool by Cinderella, and im remembering when i was cruisin Dads 1990 454 SS down the gravel into town one dark, moonlit night, lookin out in the distance, seeing nothing but hills.

get onto the highway, with a heavy right foot after babying it 15 miles down the gravel, as you turn onto the highway, you blip the accellerator, and feel the tractionless positractioned shortbox standard cab do what it normally does without strain. get into town, nothing to do, just drive around all night, maybe run into a couple friends, get bored so i end up cruising back home.

those were the days.

2. bodacious

bodacious 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain, bro. I have spent more $$$ on CDs from bands of that era lately, than I have on new music. Gotta love the late 80s, early 90s.:saweet:

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Oh gawd.. ol' timer's.. :rolleyes:

4. bodacious

bodacious 1/2 ton status

Easy, sonny(old man voice). Your only as old as you feel. Sometimes I feel 90, sometimes I feel 9.:D

5. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

Scary thing is that I still have the music on records and cassette tapes.. Damn I feel old sometimes...

Hey can someone feel me and see if I feel old:haha:

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You don't know the half of it. Sometimes when that happens, my vision goes kinda funny, I can feel my hair move, and I get afraid of random drug tests again. Certain songs remind me of certain people, or places, or events. Good stuff man, good stuff.

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, except it was a '93 F/S Blazer, and some Metallica. ;)

8. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Theres a song that does that exact same thing to me. "Strawberry Wine" by Deana Carter. I was into country music at the time the song came out, events of the time seemed to reflect what was going on in my ife....so ya. I certainly do.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Happens all the time to me...

Hell,I have flashbacks just about every day,when a song I haven't heard in years comes on!..espcially if I tune in to an "oldies" station that plays songs from the 70's ,when I was in high school...

I heard "Lucky Man" by Emerson,Lake,and Palmer the other day,had not heard it in many years--it was our graduation song,it got blasted on the juke box in the school's cafeteria all thru my senior year!..I think some THC stored away in my brain somewhere from those days was suddenly released when I heard it!..:laugh:

Trisha Yearwood had a tune out in the 90's,called "The Song Remembers When",which describes exactly how a song from the past can bring an old memory to the surface...

If I hear certain songs that my late friends liked,I often cant hide my grief..I feel music is the key to your soul,and it can unlock all kinds of emotions..it's almost like your life is a movie,and the songs are the soundtrack....

I just heard "A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash on the radio during the noon resquest hour,and I was instantly brought back to 1969,when I played the 45 rpm record of that song on my record player--I was 11 years old then!...:screwy:

:crazy:

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

when I hear Cranberries I think of Guam... it was the only CD I had when I was there doing hostage rescue training...

j

11. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Yup - I don't listen to certain bands / songs anymore because of the memories they bring back..I "run" on emotion, so I have to be careful what I listen to, or my mood can go where I don't want it to.

On the other hand, cranking up the skynyrd always brings me to my happy place..

12. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good thread :waytogo: Definitely. Certain songs just bring everything back sometimes...

13. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

i got more records on vinyl than on cd and im only 22, but cant find a record player here for sale, had one, wife killed it...

14. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

shhhhhhhhhhh I still have my 8 track boom box with ac dc :haha:

15. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

nothing like being on the hwy and a song comes on to tick you off...10 min later you have a speeding ticket for 99 in a 65 :haha: