Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do you know where your fuel comes from? Middle east???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by google, Jul 9, 2005.

1. google

google 1/2 ton status

I thought that some people may like to know where they can get gas and not feed more money to the middle east. Here are some places that don't buy their oil from the middle east

Citgo
    Sunoco
    Conoco
    Sinclair
    BP/Phillips
    Hess
    And other gas stations that carry their logos.

I say screw shell, chevron/texaco, exxon/mobil, Marathon/speedway, amoco.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

you can "screw" them I guess... but those are big American companies... isn't that a little bit like shooting yourself in the left arm with a gun in your right hand?

j

3. google

google 1/2 ton status

American companies that are sending your money to the middle east. Why pay them when you can pay another american company that doesn't send your money to the middle east (Not BP... British Petrol not sure of the others) But I would even rather pay them as well for my gas.

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i actually like the idea of buying middle east oil... the faster the better. Think about it... with Europe, the US, China and India combined, we can suck the middle east dry in a another decade or two and then they are ****ED. All their goodies will be drying up and blowing away a decade after that, meanwhile we sit back and point and laugh. If we go with your plan, we use up everyone else's oil first... and then the ONLY people in the world who has oil would be the arabs. Is that what you want?

j

6. google

google 1/2 ton status

I knew this would happen Jek. But Stickseler, that is a good artical. Thank you for bringing it up. That must be where the guys here at my work came up with this stuff (refering to the "found on internet" stuff. They printed it all out and even went as far as printing out a map of the "non middle east buying gas stations" around our work area and emailed it out to everyone. I will be sending that link back to our bosses so they can correct that. I may even send a link to this thread, so please keep it clean of too much bashing.

7. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I like your thinking jek

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

bwwwahahahhaha

[​IMG]

9. google

google 1/2 ton status

You just couldn't wait for a better opertunity for that could ya. That's a little drastic being that he just happened to see a different website than my boss did, but still super funny. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I could tell you within 5 seconds that was BULL. Why? I worked at a BP. They use ONLY Amoco Fuel, they bought them some years ago. The place I worked at was an Amoco then a BP.

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Gotta love Snopes :D

12. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I usully buy my gas at a nearby Sinclair station. I give my money to the smiling Raghe........Er Middle Eastern guy wearing a turban behind the counter. :D
    Hate to support the middle east but he has the cheapest gas and the coldest beer in town. The guy should be a diplomat :haha:

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And probably the cheapest chew in town also. Can't really beat that........... :D

14. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Found this site by Gaggling for World Oil Resources. Not directly related to the subject but interesting.

CRS Reports - updated resources at: http://fpc.state.gov/c4763.htm

Russia has the largest untapped oil resources, Muddy East & Sad Arabia are second. If you search Gaggle enough you'll find all kinds of interesting reports on the current state of oil reserves.

As long as there is a demand for cheap gas and the inumerable other products made from crude you should expect to get it from all over the globe. Here are some things beside gas made from crude: http://www.lmoga.com/refoutput.htm

Tough to make an argument for a boycott when you see just how much our civilization currently relies on oil based goods. Unless your willing to live in a cave and wrap a rabbit hide around your junk. We must have left that behind for a reason.

As far as feeding the beast goes that's a moot point. They'll just sell it to someone else and use the money for the same purpose. By purchasing it we have some control over them and we take care of our own economy until we come up with an alternate energy source or drain theirs (Jek). People will make personal statements in anger, that's a part of being free. You won't have much of an impact though besides inconveniencing yourself.

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thats probably what all the Liberals want!!