Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do you like women?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

How do you feel about women in a combat zone.

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Personally, I've never liked the idea of women in a combat zone. Nothing to do with a womans ability, I just dread the thought of what these diaper-heads would do if they got one of our female soldiers.

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I personally dont think its a good idea either. I would personally love to see Abu Musab Zarqawi riddled with bullets however /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just like women in general. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Tough to respond, say the wrong thing or say right thing the wrong way and you can get mauled!

From this perspective:
    I wouldn't want my son in a combat zone, either, but I would feel more right with him there than my daughter.

Women in the military in general, I don't really care. In combat Zones, I would rather not see that.

I'm a little torn on the subject because I donj't necessarily have a problem with it until feminist movements become part of the issue. I kinda blame feminist movements for many of the moral struggles we have in this country.

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Im in the navy and I dont think women should be here with us. Every female I have ever worked with hasnt done [darn]. They just sit on thier asses and get fat while not doing any work at all. Im not saying that all of them are slackers but everyone ive ever workwith has been more trouble then help.

just my 2 cents
    Nick

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I just like women in general. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to concur! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Back in 91 or 92 we were going to Puerto Rico for a month and some WM major wanted her girls to go down on ship with us. Our Col. and SgtMaj with 55+ years of duty between them said no way but she complained to some Senator and got permission,

Well god forbid they ride with us so they sortie another ship from Norfolk for there ride down (they got a LST /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif )

They then wanted to hit the beach with us and the SgtMaj told them to bring there biggest and baddest down to the O-course with there gear and if they could run it in a certain time and carry a person back to the start they could hit the beach. I got to be one of the men because I weighed 215 and with a full pack ::Cough::ANGLICO TACP Radio Operator ::Cough:: my Helo/Jump weight was around 400-425lbs. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Needless to say once the big bulldyke figured out how to pick me up they left my gear and he said she was disqualified because "My men can't trust them to save there asses they ain't coming and now whos going to get the radio to call in the fire support" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I almost got a hernia when I had to pick my buddy up and carry him back (we didn't think we'd have to do it since they went first) but I barley made it under the time limit. Needless to say they didn't hit the beach with us but it cost the Tax payers countless dollars for that ship to tote there fat lazy asses down there. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

This all happened before the PC sensitivity trained modern military we have now /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

If they can do it, let them do it

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

IMO women shouldn't be in combat zones. The ONLY exception is during full on, all out WWIII or some crap where we need EVERYONE to go (sorta like the position the russians were in during 1942). Barring that, no combat zones.

j

10. fbronson

fbronson 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If they can do it, let them do it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to agree with ya' here. I am a bit traditional, and would rather not see a woman put in the path of a bullet, (I like to hold the door for my girl-friend, pay for dinner, etc...) but if a woman wants to carry a gun, and can pass all the same physical and mental tests required of any male soldier, more power to her!

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

serving in military isn't a right. It has nothing to do with whats fair, or moral or anything else. The fed government is charged with creating the best possible defense with the funds that tax payers provide. It is quantifyable/documentable that a all-men-combat zone approach is both cheaper and more combat effective. Thats the bottom line and all that really matters. When at war, the LAST thing you want to do is make decisions based on being politically "correct". Historians don't like to talk about it, but there have been several "issues" with women in the american armed forces, most significantly was in Korea when we were falling back towards pusan. A huge percentage of women serving there either went awol or said they were "pregnant" and had to go back to the states. We were in a desperate situation... and losing troops for bogus reasons can lead to disaster. Israel used to use women for combat zone stuff and quit as soon as they were able to do so. Same with the Soviets.

anyway, in a perfect world, sure there would be women in the grunts and everything... unfortunately the world isnt perfect and men are stuck with being better at killing people and blowing chit up. lucky us.

j

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'm a bit biased here, i have 3 of what i consider my very close friends and 1 cousin who are in the enlisted right now. one of my friends has a medical condiotion, which didnt allow him to be shipped out with the rest of his unit, and the other 3 are all female. one of the 3 has been told that she WILL be going, and the other two have been told to be ready to go. this worries me, specifically because of this article. the one that IS going is my best friend in the world. if anything like that were to happen to any of the 3 of them, i'm not sure what i would do, but you can bet your @$$ it wont be pretty. i cant accurately say how i would feel if my buddy was shipped out, since they arent specifically asking for a male soldier. there are two sides to the coin of women in combat zones in this instance. one, i dont feel that it is right that they are there, because most commonly, women are not as physically strong as men. on the other hand, we're dealing with a country that pretty much sees women as if they were less than human. what sweeter revenge is there than attacking with women?

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sweeter revenge would be to tell them that all of our bullets are coated in pig's blood, and actually doing it.

14. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

No women in combat zones for me....To many problems associated with it. That is the wrong place to put in distractions....

15. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

That's the problem with women in the military. If they were held to the same standard I would have no problem, BUT they are not and the majority of women in the military I see are fat lazy and worthless.

16. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That's the problem with women in the military. If they were held to the same standard I would have no problem, BUT they are not and the majority of women in the military I see are fat lazy and worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly I think they should have to pass the same physical rediness tests as we do pass the same body fats tests, the same everything. What really gets me piss is that right before cruise TONS of girls somehow get pregonant so they dont have to go. Then they have to raise a child that they didnt really want in the first place.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It is impossible for a woman to pass our body fat tests. The average woman has more body fat than the maxiumum allowed for men in most cases.

18. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

The best thing about women is that they always smell so good.