Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do you Love your Truck?? ECO-NAZI's are Attacking our Lands!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Jan 11, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Re: Do you Love your Truck?? ECO-NAZI\'s are Attacking our Lands!!

Was busy, but I will try back later! Come on everyone, it's a free call, please do it! Thanks for posting it Zakk!!

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

what's the 'roadless rule'?

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Boy oh boy! You have been busy today. Between this and the girlfriend advice (LOL).

Thanks tho, and keep up the good work.

Dave

Rehab is for quitters.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

life is hard in gov't work [​IMG]

They do not want roads in forest areas, pretty mush restrict everything from us, in a nutshell.

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5
    World's Ugliest Lawn Ornament
    [​IMG] CK5's Moab 2002 or Bust!! [​IMG]

5. 2Dogs

Yes - I ride motorcycles, mountain bikes, and the truck. Same story everywhere.

And I am worried that us enthusiasts are not motivated enough (or ever can be). How do you fight groups that would rather be lobbying than outdoors.... FREAKS!!!

In the motorcycle world, the move is to have 2 strokes (new production) banned by '03. GRRRRR.

I found a group here in Pacifica, wheelers and riders, that have scheduled trail days. I am way behind in that.

JOIN CLUBS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEFENSE OF OUR HOBBIES.

DO ORGANIZED TRAIL MAINTENANCE.

BE A RESPONSIBLE USER OF TRAILS -AND 'ENCOURAGE' OTHERS TO DO THE SAME.

Dave

Rehab is for quitters.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics</a>

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i find it troubling that Caddy E-brakes get more views than this.

This website will be about cyber 'wheelers in a few years because no one even wants to make a fone call to save their hobby.

Don't bitch at me when hollister, the 'con, Moab and Tellico are tree-hugger resorts.[​IMG]

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

7. 2Dogs

Probably most of the views are from me - using the URLs listed for more research. Everyone else is tired of the topic :)

Why are you getting all [​IMG] at me???

And you should get used to this stat - only 10% of any club or group are active members. The number drops when the activity is something like trail maintenance. I was in a MTB club in Dallas that had over 800 members - about 40 people would show up for meetings and about half that were regulars
    on work days. But did we have big turnouts for the events!

Dave

Rehab is for quitters.

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Can someone explain the roadless rule???????

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It's busy..... [​IMG] has been the three times I tried, but I will keep it up.....

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I'm in shape.... round is a shape......

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Do you Love your Truck?? ECO-NAZI\'s are Attacking our Lands!!

Then call TODAY!!! and tell them you want raods to 'wheel on!

Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 6:47 AM
    Subject: Fwd: Talking points for "NO MORE ROADLESS" Calls--TODAY

&gt; This issue is being pushed by the green advocates to swamp the
    &gt; Secretary's phone as a show of support.
    &gt;
    &gt; I just called, no busy signal and the receptionist just wanted to
    &gt; know name, state and whether I and for or against.
    &gt;
    &gt; Please consider your call. If not today, call next week starting on
    Monday.
    &gt;
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;To All Grassroots:
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;American Lands announced a "call in" to Ann Veneman for support of the
    &gt; &gt;Roadless Rule TOMORROW!
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;Consider calling Secretary Ann Veneman with our message - NO MORE
    ROADLESS!!!
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;Use these talking points during your call provided by AF&amp;PA (American
    &gt; &gt;Forest &amp; Paper Association)
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;a.. THE NUMBER TO CALL: 1-877-285-0051
    &gt; &gt;Forest Service Roads Management Policy Revision
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;The Forest Service published a revised Roads Management Policy in the
    &gt; &gt;Federal Register on December 20, 2001. The revised policy is effective
    &gt; &gt;immediately, but public comments will be accepted until February 18,
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;a.. Talking Points:
    &gt; &gt;--The forest products industry applauds the efforts of the Forest Service
    &gt; &gt;to simplify and clarify the road management policy so that it focuses on
    &gt; &gt;the major environmental and financial needs of managing the existing road
    &gt; &gt;system.
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;--This revised policy is an important step in the right direction for
    &gt; &gt;better inventory, analysis, and management of the roads system on the
    &gt; &gt;national forests. It recognizes that there has been a huge shift in road
    &gt; &gt;use. According to the Forest Service, timber removal vehicles only amount
    &gt; &gt;to about 1% of the total vehicle use now on forest roads. The major use
    has
    &gt; &gt;become recreation-oriented uses and is concentrated on about 60,000 miles
    &gt; &gt;of roads.
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;--The previous policy, adopted on January 12, 2001, was fatally flawed
    and
    &gt; &gt;entangled with other regulations, making implementation difficult, if not
    &gt; &gt;impossible.
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;--The revised policy separates direction for managing the 350,000 miles
    of
    &gt; &gt;roads on national forests from the direction on land management. Policy
    &gt; &gt;direction regarding actions in inventoried roadless areas has been moved
    &gt; &gt;from the roads management policy to the land management planning
    policies.
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;--Direction regarding "contiguous unroaded areas" has been removed
    because
    &gt; &gt;the Forest Service managers could not map or define these areas.
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;-The revised policy seeks to allow local level managers to make decisions
    &gt; &gt;about road management after the completion of a forest-level road
    analysis.
    &gt; &gt;
    &gt; &gt;-- The revised policy would remove onerous procedural requirements. The
    &gt; &gt;requirement to do an environmental impact statement for ALL proposed
    &gt; &gt;activities in inventoried roadless areas has been eliminated. The agency
    &gt; &gt;will be still be required to follow NEPA requirements and those will
    &gt; &gt;determine the level of analysis needed for the decision to be made. The
    &gt; &gt;requirement to do an EIS was removed to prevent the unnecessary
    expenditure
    &gt; &gt;of taxpayer dollars, agency resources, and project delays in
    instances where minor environmental impacts only are anticipated.

Rose Comstock-Correira
    VP Public Lands &amp; Natural Resources
    Alliance for America
    http://www.allianceforamerica.org&gt;www.allianceforamerica.org

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

11. 2Dogs

In general I think the roadless rule is the attempt to reclaim Natural areas from the damage being done by the people who use the roads and the roads themselves.

My opinions on roadless and other eco-programs:
    Pretty ridiculous when you consider that the roads are used for fire control. Natures way is -fire, runoff, erosion, etc...
    We try to stop that in the face of logic sometimes (fires need to happen on a regular basis or when it does happen it goes out of control.... What will happen if there are no roads? And there will be many areas that will be impossible to reach.
    Some of our popular riding areas here are measured for erosion. This is good to a point - if the trail gets bad, reroute it. But measuring erosion without measuring what a truly natural environment would be is pointless.

This is just my view - others please contribute and research.

Dave

Rehab is for quitters.

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i agree with the idea of calling the folks to get them to change thier mind. and i dissagree about the idea of making it harder for folks like us to find play places. so once you have made your call since some of you folks have too much time on your hands go ahead and sit down and figure out a way you can buy 30 acers or more for just 4x4ing. then do it and open it to the public at an admission cost.
    then you can save the lands. this in the end will be the only way to do it. like it or not it is a fact. may happen in 30 years or more. but i guarentee it will happen some day
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

13. 2Dogs

I agree. It will prolly be gone in our lifetime. Hope not tho and that doesn't prevent me from doing the right thing in the mean time.

On the private land issue - that doesn't work. Private owners do not like to get sued. I know you wouldn't but can you guarentee your entire family would not if you should die wheelin on someones property? Not many people can give that guarentee.... But there are a few noble land owners that still try - my hats off to them!!!

Dave

Rehab is for quitters.

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i was just replying to the last post.

Life is too short to get mad at anyone, brah!
    sorry if it came off like that :beer: &lt;---you know what i mean!

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

15. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

hell yeah i'll call monday after i play with my hummers!!!!

NO LOCKER, STOCK GEARS, NO PWR BRAKES, NO POWER STEERING, NO PROBLEM!

HIT IT FULL CHICKEN!!!!

16. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

I know I might offend someone here, but I really couldn't care less. If you guys don't want to see this stuff happen then force yourself to NOT vote for ANY democrat, EVER. Yeah, yeah know, "But those are the only people who CARE about me and my so called life long factory job." Hate to break this to ya, but all they want to do is take away ALL your freedoms and tell you how to run every aspect of your life. Why, I don't know, I guess it's a power trip. But I do know this for a fact, Robert Redford whined about the noise of trucks on some two lane near where he lives in Utah and he ended up getting all semi's re-routed WAY out of the way just so he wouldn't be bothered. Also, you look at any extreme nutcase group and which party are they ALWAYS aligned with? DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!! Repubs ain't got time for that silly crap. Smog laws, ridiculous safety laws, unbelievably stupid lawsuits, DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!!!! Email me directly if you disagree and I will enjoy shooting down ANY stupid argument that you can come up with. Life's a bitch and the truth hurts, but the truth will set you free. If you need help with the truth, I'll be happy to oblige. Yeah I know, I must be a big a@@hole that just wants to start fights. Wrong. But I HATE anyone who wants to stomp on my God given freedom. Yes, God Given. And God bless. OK, now, bring it on.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

17. 2Dogs

Wait - time to nuke some popcorn again. Love it!!!

Dave

Rehab is for quitters.

18. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Buying private land won't stop them. (greenies) Haven't you heard of people all over this country who can't build on their own property because of some BS endangered plant or animal? That goes for trails (roads in gov speak) as well. It is not just us ORV'ers. There are people who have bought land to retire on who can't do anything with it. After you make that call go here http://www.sharetrails.org/ and don't forget to vote this fall. I hope all of you who are concerned as to what place we are in on some poll will take note of this. It is way more important to have a place to ride than to be #1. (I could be wrong but I think even Steve would agree.)

Jim '80 GMC & '73 Blazer
    Body by Tellico
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com>www.tellicok5.rockcrawler.com</a>

19. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't want to take away from your post but I found something that might affect us down the road...

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/jeepcomm/petition.html

Anyone seen the ad? I don't have a TV so I haven't seen it, but from what I see it ain't good!!!!

Yes...I posted an ad about Jeeps....RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all!!

20. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

BigJ is correct. I know a guy that has a bunch of property that isnt worth much due to the location of it, he had friends that owned heavy equiptment come out to the land and dig out mud holes, a mud drag pit, and a track thru his own woods for racing that was mostly a mud track, that twisted and turned thru the woods. (In fact, his property and the weekend playing was recorded and sent to one of the home video shows and we seen my sister in laws kid walk across the TV.) Anyway, he charged a small admission to keep the place up, pay for a dumpster and barrels ETC. and have some security personnel. He was really trying to have a place where you could come and bring the kids and not have to worry about getting stabbed or shot, and have a good time. In Fla we have whats called SWFWMD (everyone including the state, calls it Swiftmud)South West Fla Water Management District, they got wind of what Darryl was doing and SHUT DOWN a man made mud hole! WTF! I have yet to figure out how or why they were able to do this. He tried to fight it for a while then had to give up. I think some people (small groups of his friends) still go out there and play some but it is not what it was. Swiftmud and the eco freaks have managed to take away a bunch of the places where we all used to go. In fact I heard last week that the forrest near where I live is going to start being patrolled and if there is so much as a place that has been rooted up and you happen to be on the same trail you will be ticketed and fined! They dont care if your wearing Swampers and the trail was dug up by Hawgs, your getting the ticket! HUH!?!?! I have yet to have a chance to call or look into this but IMO this is getting out of hand!

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>