Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do you slow down or speed up when approaching intersection w/green light?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jakeslim, Mar 25, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I'm an optimist and speed up. I hate when people slow in front of me expecting that it will change before they get to the intersection. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i speed up.

nomally i pick a point when aproching the intersection and if it changes before i get there i stop if not i go for it /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Re: Do you slow down or speed up when approaching intersection w/green ligh

i do neither, i drive the speed i was driving before i saw the green light /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Re: Do you slow down or speed up when approaching intersection w/green ligh

I panic, I live in a town with no traffic lights...

I still am not sure whether the guy turning left or the guy going straight should go first at a stop light

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Depends on my mood that day. And if I see that the left-turner in the oncoming lane is going to try to turn in front of me I speed up for sure.

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I stay the same speed unless it turns yellow..the I HAMMER it! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Around here, yellow means SPEED THE F UP! What's hilarious is when people in front of me hear the 4-barrels kickin' in through the 2 1/2" duals, they either speed up or move over real fast like! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Geesh that is so true /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I keep cruisin the same speed unless it turns yellow then its kick in the 4 barrels and get through it cause there is no way I can get the big girl slowed down that quick /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Unless I see some moron speeding up to his red light wanting to turn then I may slow down but depending on my mood I usually don't, guess big ole bumpers give me an invincible attitude.

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i watch the cross walk light, if it starts flashing don't walk i know to slow dow depending on how close i am. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

Same speed unless it turns yellow /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

same speed, people that slow down REALLY anger me. I get people slowing down a lot, sometimes almost stopping for a green light, its like what are you doing? Rarely is there someone going to turn right or left or anything that would mess them up.

11. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    people that slow down REALLY anger me

[/ QUOTE ]

could not agree more....some of the words that come out of me are rather "offensive" /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

12. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

I close my eyes /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i speed up. people that slow down annoy the hell out of me. and if its yellow i really get on the loud pedal. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

That all depends on what I am driving.Let's say for instance if I was in my Trans am I would think twice about it.But in my k-5 .Get out of my way motherfawkers..I love driving a 6000 pound battering ram.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Depends on things. If it's heavy traffic, I won't slow down or speed up.... just cuz sometimes if you gas it there is no room to get across then you stick out like a retard. Or if I know the intersection has a camera on it. I will slow down a bit if it's a stale green. I don't need a $350 ticket for running it. Usually if I know I can cruise across I will go for it. The traffic here sucks, so you have to play a game to drive anywhere it seems.

16. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

can you really associate this with optomism ?

hmm.

i usually maintain speed when approaching green lights, but if im feeling real froggy then ill go for it and lay on her

17. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i speed up.

nomally i pick a point when aproching the intersection and if it changes before i get there i stop if not i go for it /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Profesional driver? This is in our training. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif