Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do your friends/acquaintances live near you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 11, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I have an interesting neighborhood.

My mom's boyfriend lives across the street. 2 houses south of him is Dean, a guy I've known since I was a kid. He always used to mess with '73-'87 Chevy's, and that's how I came to do what I do now.

A block and a half north and one street over is Chuck, who has traded several rigs with me, and currently owns Dillon's (mepr's) old '84 K5 Blazer.

Up until 2 months ago, the renters in our rental house one block north were 4-wheeling friends, till they quit paying rent and we had to evict them. The new renters aren't 4x4 people, but I still get to park a truck of mine on that lot when I need to.

Brian just moved in 2 houses north of me, who owns an '86 Jimmy on 37's, and is friends with Chuck. He's also friends with Don, who has an '84 K5 on 35's and lives over a street and 2 blocks south.

Strange how alot of "For Sale" signs have gone up around the neighborhood lately. :grin:

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

My best friend is currently living in my kitchen.;)

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Most of my close friends live between 1 and 2 hours away right now. In both directions. :(

4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

All of my buddies live within 30 minutes of me here. I still keep in touch with my best friend from high school too, but he's about 10 hrs away in Illinois.

Rick

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yes and no..

Most of them live within a 5 mile radius..if I never went to see them,I'd see them come to my house maybe once a year,IF that!..one lives 27 miles away--havent seen him since the junkyard closed in january,other than at a swap meet in may..

Maybe its me,I dunno--I shower regularly,try not to annoy people,my breath isn't that bad,I help others whenever I can..Guess I'm not much of a "yankee"..I don't fit in well around here--I like country and bluegrass,most everyone here listens to hip -hop and rap-I like 4x4's,beer,whiskey, and four wheeling--most everyone else here seems to prefer Lexus's and BMW's,and Starbucks....I was born on the wrong end of the country I guess..friends are hard to find around here,especially ones you can trust and depend on..a very rare breed..

6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

All my friends are on the east coast... and I'm in the middle of nowhere, Kansas :(