Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doctors, nurses or anyone in the medical feild

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Jan 14, 2006.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I'm in need of some real help. My wifes right leg went numb on the first of the year. More like asleep, with tingles and she could feel pressure and if I pressed a fork in her leg (soft/med pressure) she could kinda feel the pain. Anyway being a chiropractor and being that were low on money, her dad is against taking her to a doctor. Her leg stayed numb for a few days, she couldnt walk hardly right at all. Then her left leg from the knee down and mid thigh up went tingley/numb also, all the way up to the top of her hips.

Well its now 14 days later, and she cant walk hardly for herself, we just got back from the movies, she took a cane, and i worry about her when she has to do things like go to the bathroom by herself.

Her ler is now sore, like muscle sore, not so much tingles anymore, and I'm worrying this isnt progress, but the opposite...

Shes a trooper and trys not to worry me, but seeing her like this does worry me. If we go to a doctor, what can they do? Charge us hundres and thousands we dont have? We have insurance, but theres a 3000 deductable. Besides, we really dont trust all doctors. Obviously there are good ones, but out here in so cal, there are hundreds and hundreds, Its luck of the draw if we find a good one.

So were not going to a doctor as of right now. Thats what your all going to say, I already know it. But can anyone help me figure out what this is or maybe know someone they can ask?

I thought it might be blood clots because of the birth control, but it just started and she's been on the pill for about 10 months now.

Anyone?

Thanks,
    Branndon

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

go see a doc dude, whatever it is it cant be good
    pm doc on pirate he might be able to help

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

like you said, were all going to say doctor. It sucks yes but you have to suck it up and go. talk with friends and find a good one. the longer you wait the worse it can get and the more its going to cost and the more its going to afftect her quality of life. the hospito/ doctors work out good payments. they almost dont care how much you send a month as long as you send it every month. the fact that it has been this long and shes only gotten worse really concerns me. hell if it comes down to it theres alot of stuff you can sell. it may be a hard descion but when it comes down to it its one that has to be made. if i were you i wouldnt have even waited this long. you need to get her to a doctor

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

doc who? I searched for all posts by doc, and no posts came up

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

if some one said "this will be perminant but we can snap our fingers and fix it for every tool and every vehicle part you own" i'd do it, but its not that simple. you are all saying go to a doctor, but they will give her meds, and run test and make us come back 50 times. I dont see how they can diagnose it... well I know its not the first case in the world. I've mentioned doctor many times, she doesnt want to go. She's trying a decompression table next week and if she's not any better by the end of next week, i think she'll agree to go to the doctor.

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

usmcdoc14
    he is a good guy i am shure he will be willing to help
    he is in the lounge alot

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Hey Branndon.

Another possible option would be a University Hospital were they are training interns. The cost is half of normal. My wife Gerri's mother had her heart surgery there, I have my braces from them.

Your right about CA doctors, most are quacks. Especially if you have little money. Universities bill you based on sliding scale income.

http://www.uscuh.com/CWSContent/uscuh

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/

Just a couple. Do a Google search on California University Hospitals if you are interested.

As far as her numbness: could be a pinched nerve but not worth risking a guess IMO.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

She probably just has a pinched nerve or something dood, I hope everything turns out OK just stay positive...

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

we thought pinched nerve from the beginning, but her dad has tried all kinds of asjustments, some help a little, but nothing has really helped yet. Were hoping this other decompression table can help us.

10. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Something as simple as an ultrasound will determine if it is blood clots or not. My wife has severe clots in her leg, and they were discovered during an ultrasound. Chels never had numbness or anything though just pain. Get it checked asap. Chelsea's DR pissed away her diagnosis, and now the clots are permanent:mad: I hope everything turns out ok.

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Sounds an aweful lot like the sciatic nerve. Ive got severe back problems, and have had the same symptoms as you are describing on two occasions over the past 2 years, both caused by contact of the spine and the nerve roots of the sciatic. The only thing wierd is that she is having the pain in both legs, both times its happened to me it was only in one leg. Is she having any pain in her lower back? Was she doing anything strenuous right before her leg went numb?

If you want to PM me feel free, i can share some of my experiences and whatnot, even give a few tips on how to make it feel better. I didnt go to a year of physical therapy for nothing!

12. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i'd like all the help you can offer. And yes, lower back/upper butt pain and soreness

13. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Does she have any other history of back problems, or is this something new? Reason i ask is that, if it is the sciatic nerve, it can be caused by a few different things.

The first time my spine contacted mine, they gave me pain killers for it, though i didnt take them. I was limping for a few weeks, but by the 3rd it was pretty much better. The second time i contacted it, the numbness lasted nearly 5 weeks, along with the limping. From what i understand it can last up to several months, but generally lessens as time progresses, which doesnt seem to be your wifes case unfortunately. I doubt this is going to be what you want to hear, but she really should see a doctor.

I'll try and get you on AIM, it would probobally be easier.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2006
  14. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I've got teh same ****. Knot the size of a baseball in my lower back. Ass hurts. Pain shoots down leg. I haven't slept more than 4 hours straight in a couple months. I've been getting a monthly injection in my lower back. My leg feels better but thats it.

Not to be a rude boy, but I am really confused? Your deductable to see a docter is $3000? You don't trust doctors but think a chirpractor is going to solve this? If it was me my truck would be sold and I'd get some health insurance. I can't count the numbers of doctors I've seen, test, mri, drugs,x ray, hospital visits, etc and I bet I have spent less than $50 plus the cost of insurance.

Drag her ass to the doctor. Seriously. Physically drag her.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2006
  15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Dont wait...

I'm no doctor,but don't delay getting her looked at..Hospitals have "free care" available to low income residents,and at worst all you could have to pay is a few dollars a month..illegal ailiens get free treatment,so don't be shy about asking for help!..at least get a legit medical opinion,even if its a free clinic or something..the leg muscles could be permanently damaged if a clot starves tissue and muscle for blood for too long..

It sounds like sciatica or a pinched nerve..but if it IS a blood clot,it could travel to the heart or brain,and cause a stroke or heart attack..Multiple Sclerosis is often diagnosed when symptoms similar to those you listed are noted..my freinds sister was diagnosed last august with it..she was having trouble with her arms going numb..

I wouldn't wait too long...its probably nothing serious,but its better to be safe than sorry...:crazy:

16. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

you shure thats cause the knot in your back???

fairy

17. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I think he said the chiropractor was his dad?

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I guess the question is: which is worth more, the $ to pay to see the doctor or your wife not being paralyzed and/or dying? I know I have a rep for being cheap but...

j

19. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

hardy har har you're a funny guy.

So? He's still a chiropractor. This is outta his range.

20. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Sorry, Branndon, but I'm gonna be blunt. If I hurt your feelings, too bad.

You're worried about money at a time like this? GEEZUS, your wife can hardly WALK!!!! Quit worrying about your new Caddy motor and it's dyno, sell all your toys, and get her taken care of before she gets crippled or worse. If Kim were sick, I would give my left nut and do whatever else it took to make her better.

Get your girl to a doctor or hospital ASAP and get this taken care of before something happens and it's too late.:deal: