Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dodge 1 ton running gear

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by reeser, Jan 5, 2004.

1. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

out of a 92 cummins dana 60 and dana 70

dana 60 almost identical to chevy fronts low miles (75k) complete and in good shape 3.54's

dana 70 with 1.5" 32 spline axles complete with welded spiders and 3.54's

asking 1400 obo trades considered.

2. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

best offer!!!!! c'mon!!!

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dana 60 almost identical to chevy fronts low miles (75k) complete and in good shape 3.54's

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure that is a D60 and not a D61? I thought the D60 didnt go higher (numericly lower) than 3.73 gear ratio and that the D61 came out to fill the higher gear ratios.

4. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

i'm sure that it's a dana 60 because it's cast onto the housing. it surely does have 3.54's in it as well.

5. kennyw

3.54 must be the break then... Good luck with selling them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Whats the difference on a Dana 61?

I've seen Reesers axles and it looks like every other Dana 60 I've seen. Hmmm... I wonder if 3.54 gears would give my plow truck better mileage on the highway... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. kennyw

The D61 is a slightly modified D60 that they moved the pinion over to allow more room for a higher gear ratios that would not fit in the D60 case. The down side to D61's is they are very limited in gear ratios but all the outer parts are the same as the D60's.

Why would a plow truck need good mileage on the highway? What size tires, engine, tranny? 3.54 would probably be a decent gear ratio for a stock size tire like 235/85R16 and no overdrive.

8. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

hahahaha

well you know you ALWAYS have priority with me, however someone is coming out tomorrow night to look at them he says he has 1200 cash, so we'll see!

9. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Well... my '87 fuel injected 454 plow truck is getting about 5 mpg on the highway (with the plow though). I know it won't get good mileage, but I think some sensor has got to be out of it, cause it's running too rich. It used to have a Dana 60, but I robbed it for another rig. Now with the wear and tear of plowing, I have it set in my mind I'll eventually put a 60 back under it.

I hope you can sell the axles for cash... so you can re-invest in something and get the right gears and everything you want for the Blazer. But you know if you don't sell them...I'll be bugging you about them. I have 4.10 gears I could swap into that 60 and put it under the plow truck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But I don't think you'd want me to get ahead on the Dana 60 competition we have going. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif