Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DODGE 1 tons

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nstarry, Mar 25, 2004.

1. nstarry

nstarry 1/2 ton status

I had a guy ask me today if I wanted his dodge 1 ton he said "its cab is rotten and he thinks it has that dana drivetrain stuff in it " the motor is shot and hes taking the steel flat bed off he said couple hundred I could have it

Is this got the D60 and D70 ???
    I have yet to see it so if sombody says it may have the dana s
    I'll go check it out its a little bit of a drive

2. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

What year is it, and I assume it is four wheel drive? Dodge did use front dana 60s for quite awhile I believe.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if it is a true 1ton yes it should have the dana 60 front /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Just this spring I bought a 1990 Dodge W-350 SRW for parts. It turned out to have a D60 front.... and a D60 (30 spl) rear. I still find it hard to believe that Dodge would make a 1 ton 4wd truck w/ 30 spline axles in the rear and 35 splines in the front /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif..... but Dodge has been known to do some weird things...

Hope this helps...

Marv

5. bluejeep

bluejeep 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I still find it hard to believe that Dodge would make a 1 ton 4wd truck w/ 30 spline axles in the rear and 35 splines in the front ..... but Dodge has been known to do some weird things...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ford did the exact same thing. Very rare to find a 4x4 F350 in the late '70's with a dana 70 in the back.

6. nstarry

nstarry 1/2 ton status

the guy said he thinks late 70s and yes four wheel drive

7. I have a question about the dodge front dana 60, were they vacuum actuated? I have seen a few of the old dodge army trucks and was thinking about removing one for reseach purposes of course /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and putting it on my Suburban. But i know at some point they went to that vacuum actuated crap. I used to have a 89 4wd 1/2 ton dodge truck with a dana 44 front and it had it.

Mat

8. jess

jess Registered Member

Dodge had many combos in their srw 1 tons. 72-80 were W300s and 81-93 were W350s. The early 70s srw 1 tons actually used drum braked Dana 70s up front, and believe it or not Dana 60s in the rear, and used divorced np205s. Mid to late 70s 1 tons used 60s front and rear and only came with np203 full time t-cases. So the front D60s had driveflanges instead of lockouts. In the early to mid 80s srw W350s could have either 44 front and 60 rear with np208, or 60s front and back with np205, depending on GVW. I believe 89-93 both W250 HD and W350 had 60s in front and 70s in the rear and np205s. None of the leaf sprung Dodge Dana 60 fronts ever used vacuum. Although they were Dana 60s look out, Dodge typically spec'd thinner tubes and weaker shafts. Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

If you are talking about the M880 1.25-ton Dodge army trucks, they were based on the W200 and had the Dana 44 front end, sorry /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Like said above, I think 94' and later when they went to a coil suspension is when they started the vaccuum deal. Before that I have always seen lockout hubs on the older dodges.

11. jess

jess Registered Member

As mentioned if it's a late 70s ex-military Dodge then it's most likely a W200 with a full-time 44 front and a 60 rear with np203 t-case. Some Military Dodges had ambulance/communications bodies grafted on behind the cab and a rare few of those were actually 1 tons with Dana 60 fronts.

12. Yep, talking about the old M880's. I didnt look to see what it had, but now I know. Thanks

13. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    As mentioned if it's a late 70s

[/ QUOTE ]

Man you beat me by like 4 minutes...I guess I type too slow or something /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

14. nstarry

nstarry 1/2 ton status

hey I check it out last night its the w350 its got a 44 front and 60 rear if anybody wants it i can get the hole truck for 200.00
    208 t-case to its in sothern minnesota