Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge 205?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dyeager535, Nov 2, 2006.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Hope no one was intending to bid on this before I posted, sincere apologies if so...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=190046003549

Anyways, I don't have enough time reading every thread that has search results containing dodge and 205. ANYONE have any idea if that 1991 Dodge 205 uses the same VSS/output shaft/reluctor ring that a GM one does? I'd suspect yes, and it's too far away to bid on just to find out it's not, but I'm curious as it MIGHT provide parts for the ultra rare VSS 205 setups that GM doesn't carry parts for.

The seller says it does use a VSS on the output shaft, but it's certainly not in the same location as GM's, although the location is unimportant since it's just wiring. I'll ask for a picture of the connector itself.

My experience trying to track down later Dodge 205 info was quite uninformative, especially when looking for part numbers for the above mentioned pieces.

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Only part that you can't get is the tailhousing itself. The ring cost about $33, and go to the junkyard to the VSS sensor, new they are $100. Drill and tap the housing, and enjoy!!!! I don't think that the Dodge stuff will work or it would have been heard about a long time ago.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i wouldnt give him 2 cents.

he is one of 2 big east coast 60 axle ebay selling monstors. :angry1:

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The VSS on the Dodge 205 is a converter. Mechanical drive input, electric output. I do not know if it produces a signal compatible with Chevy ECMs.

EDIT: Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Do you have the part numbers by any chance? I don't have parts manual myself, was told those parts were discontinued...

The Dodge VSS connector *looks* like the GM one, but pointless if it still uses speedo gears even if the signal IS right. Thanks for the pics. :)