Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge 208 in GM for fixed Yoke

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JRS2 75K5, Feb 21, 2003.

1. JRS2 75K5

JRS2 75K5 Registered Member

I recently bought a dodge ram 208 to try and put the fixed yoke set up on my k5 project. In taking it apart I found the front input shaft part of the case where the adapter bolts on will fit my chevy (465) adapter buy redrilling one hole in the chevy adapter. I apears the chevy input shaft and other internals will fit in the dodge case. The question is when the GM adapter is bolted to the dodge 208 case it clocks the transfer case so that the front drive shaft output is at approx. the same height as the rear output shaft. To use this I will need to fabricate a cross member and either modify the floor or put on a 2"to 3" body lift. What are the problems of runnig a 208 in a clocked position. Ground clearence seems to be ideal. Any thoughts?? Thanks.

Jim

2. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

You DOG...you came up with an easy way to clock a 208 AND have a fixed yoke output!!
    KEWL!

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

If you do a search on here, you can find a guy that has provided all the necessary instructions for taking the front half of a GM 208 and the rear half of a Dodge 208 for the fixed yoke output.

Only problem I see with clocking it that high is the driveshaft angle. Since the tcase is typically at a downward angle towards the rear, the front driveshaft is already at an inverse to the tcase yoke. Clocking it and making the angle of the shaft itself greater would significant increase the negative relationship at this joint.

4. JRS2 75K5

JRS2 75K5 Registered Member

I see what you are saying about the drive shaft. With a good constant velocity joint would this still be a problem? I only plan on running a 4" lift and it appears the front yoke would be maybe 2 1/2" higher than stock. So it looks like it may have the same location as say a 6" lift. Will probably need to lengthen the front shaft. I think I will try it and see what happens. Thanks.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

MJ is a guy you will want to search for posts from or contact about this. I am pretty sure he is the one who did this. Also, I remember something about possible lubrication problems because the 208 doesn't have a pump in it, just slingers.

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    MJ is a guy you will want to search for posts from or contact about this. I am pretty sure he is the one who did this.

[/ QUOTE ] The guy who did the Dodge to GM 208 is K10ANDY....I cant remember his whole name. I have asked lots of questions in PM to him and he always got back to me fast /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and has a great photoalbum showing everything.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

<font color="orange">K10ANDYKHAMNIC </font>is who you are thinking of. The new forum software makes looking up members easy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

whoops /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, my bad. I thought it was MJ that had done that swap.

9. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Yeah thats him. The KHAMNIC is what I always forget. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

But hes the man to talk to. Hes a machinist and will make up a kit to sell or send him your whole case and hell do it all, if you ask nicely. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif