Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge 52's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudblazin, Oct 12, 2005.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

So I didnt like my old 52's (to heavy, to many leaves, sat to flat). So I got these, I am thinking they are dodge 52's. But they have some weird things....
    First of all they ARE 52's, BUT they have a offset center pin. The offset is 2" over regular 52's.
    [​IMG]
    So if I put them in, it will either push my axle back to stock or push it another 2" forward giving my 4" total over stock. BUT it would be cool because it will make my approach angle even better.
    NEXT is the spring eyes. On one end it is normal just like normal 52's.
    [​IMG]
    On the other end the spring is wrapped around the TOP of the spring eye. Know I thought this would be cool because it would give a better pinion angle but with the offset center pin it will prolly be like normal 52's.
    [​IMG]

SO explain this one you spring experts. It is a 4 leaf pack, same width as normal 52's. they are really soft but compared to my old pack they have more arch.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

what did you get them out of?

3. 85mudblazin

Got them from a friends house. She just had them lying on the ground. All they have ever worked on ovr there have been 80's style Chevy's with the exception of 1 dodeg truck that they did a rear spring swap on. So I bet these are the dodge springs.

4. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

yes ther dodge springs my 73 3/4 ton and 80 1/2ton have them they sit almost flat.

5. 85mudblazin

yea they dont work in the fron of a K5 :doah:
    Here is the link with some updates and pics of the test.
    LINK