Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge Avenger, what do you guys think of them?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by sled_dog, Feb 6, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Just what the topic says. I've personally always liked the way they look. I don't know why really, just ever since school I have. I always wanted one for my first car, then I got into truck. Anyway, I'm kind of thinking I am going to start passively looking for one on the cheap. I hate my Saturn as far as a commuter car goes, its a slow turd, looks like a joke, but it doesn't die.

Anyway, I just started looking around and I for some strange reason never thought about it, but a 4G63 swaps right in an Avenger. Everyone has Eclipses, and the more I work on Mitsubishis the more I like the cars. I'm thinkint it would be a sweet project. Drop a FWD 4G63 5 speed setup in a Dodge Avenger. Would make a nice DD. Search around and spend the $$ and convert it to an AWD Avenger. That would be sweet.

2. SLOK5

SLOK5 1/2 ton status

You can wait and get a new Avenger .....ugly 4 door, The old ones are geting harder to find parts and $$$$ for them when you do .... But I have a Mazda Cosmo for you if you want to be different :D

3. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

EVERY avenger I have ever worked on has been a total POS, but that might just be me. I really do think they are garbage.

4. blasphemous

blasphemous 1/2 ton status

My wife actually has an Avenger that'd be PERFECT for you. Transmission is almost out already, haha. Auto tranny car, it went out, in the process of swapping it out. PITA to work on... doing a SAS on my truck is easier.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

drop it off, take it off your hands.

Well an Avenger is nothing moret han an Eclipse in different clothing, I work on Eclipses for a living :)

6. bigjimmy82

bigjimmy82 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i never knew that, and I used to have a turbo laser, and i assume you mean you are swapping in a turbo 4g63T, becuase a n/a version would be a waste of time

7. blasphemous

blasphemous 1/2 ton status

Off topic, but I'm right across the river from you.