Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dodge caravan, valve problem????

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by darkshadow, May 14, 2005.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

ok my mother bought this van off a lease, with a warinty, had the cam berings or seals replaced (she doesent know witch)
    and the shop messed it up and redid the seals, that was a few months ago, she had it in the shop a month ago to replace a wiper arm, and they noticed this tick tick tick.

and told her she needs new heads!!

thats it on the paper it just says head 2000$$$$$.

witch is dumb they piss me off. i was listening to it and it sounds like a valve it sticking or something, just wondering it i can fix this myself with pulling the head.

its a 3.0 V6 btw thanks guys

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

sorry 3.0 v6 is crappy motor . just like with it. i have heard lots of them do that. and if the valve cover gaskets dont leak then you have the lucky one.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

dont seem to leek no, the moer seem ok to me good pick up and power (for a mini van) would like to fix this my self reather then have her pay out the nose for it.

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

What year caravan? I disagree. The 3.0 motor is good. Those things run forever. They have had some head troubles, but even with tick noises, they just keep going. As long as you keep oil in them they don't die.

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

its a 2000

aperently the new moter for it is a 3.2 and is beter.

i took it to a friends today and we were listening to it and now that i can get a good hear of it is sounds like a suck lifter or a rocker arm that is messed up.
    another friend is a mecanic and is going to ask a guy he works with about it because he has worked on a ton!

i am going to mess with a few oil cleaners and flush it a few times with full sinthetic to see if it some carbon or something and flush it out.