Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge Conversion trucks? pictures? saw a rig last night

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Dec 15, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

On our way to a family event we were behind this white Dodge Dually. Didn't think much of it till it turned off the road and my dad pointed at it and said, see that is a big truck. Hes been on a trip about me getting a suburban cause they are "too big" even though his truck has a 2 foot longer wheelbase. Anyway the Dodge was converted to a Crewcab/extended cab! It was crazy. I had to take a double take. Then it took like 10 minutes to convince my dad they never came from the factory like that. Someone grafted an entire extended cab cab behind a standard cab. It had 4 doors and the extended cab windows behind that. I bet that interior was roomy as hell and great for long horse trips(lots of horse people around here). I know i've seen something similar online, anyone have pictures or know where they are?

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Hmmmmm maybe this post will also take some freakish turns and end up with someone denouncing christianity /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hmmmmm maybe this post will also take some freakish turns and end up with someone denouncing christianity /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wth????

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I stopped reading that thread when you guys started talking about the "no solicitor" signs. I knew it was gonna go way off course.

7. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

8. ZootownK5

ZootownK5 Registered Member

There's a body shop in Missoula that has done a few of these. They've done a few of the 94-up Rams and at least one 92-2000 Chev. Just like you said they are crew cabs with an exteded cab behind that. Can't remember if they have long or short boxs though. Pretty clean looking conversions but a whole lot of vehicle.

Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. Mikeyg79

Mikeyg79 Registered Member

Off the top of my head, I wanna say Dodge did make Crew cabs (4 fullsize doors) but the extended cab bit sounds cool.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

No Dodge never sold a 94-2001 crew cab. In 2001 they started with the newer IFS trucks and those have crew cabs. The 93 and olders had crew cabs as well but the era of the truck I saw never came from the factory with a crew cab.

11. ZootownK5

ZootownK5 Registered Member

Yeah the crew cab Rams are custom conversions but you would never know by looking at them.

Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I was watching the history of the truck on the History channel. There is a place in Missourri that doaes almost nothing but truck lengthening. One truck they showed belongs to a guy who has 8 kids. I think it was an F-350 but it had six doors plus an extended cab. It had three fullsize bench seats plus a bench seat that folded down, for three kids to sit on, in the way back and the next to last bench seat could be moved forward to provide room for them or back to provide leg room for people in it.

13. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I have seen some odd conversions myself: one 81-88ish c30 dually with 6 doors. a 94-01 dodge ram with a suburban grafted to the rear (looked factory). The 94-01 dodge equivalent to a 2 door tahoe. And countless f350 crewcabs with bronco convertable rear sections (centurion conversions?)

14. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

15. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I have a picture of a 80's chevy pickup extended cab. Was driving through a neighborhood one day and was like what the.... Simple and plain but still cool and intriguing

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good lord, cool tow rig but that thing prolly has the turning radius of a skool bus. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

17. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah I wouldn't know anything about that /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

18. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

ford motor co has a company that does stictly conversions that are for sale through fleet dealers they are the same ones that use to build the centurion and now the make 6 door f series trucks. I used to see them a lot in portland.

19. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Not a crew, but a conversion though ............Centurion Conversion, Hopefully one day will be mine again...........

20. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    good lord, cool tow rig but that thing prolly has the turning radius of a skool bus

[/ QUOTE ]

My '89 F350 crewcab, longbed, dually, 2wd has a slightly better turning radius than my '79 Chevy K10, regular cab longbed...