Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge Cummins Thread

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by laketex, Apr 9, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I know there's a wealth of info on TDR but I thought, why not make a thread here with easy hop ups, performance gains, ect. I have a factory warranty that I wouldn't want to void either. Just ordered an '02 Cummins HO with the 6 speed, 3.55 gears, 2wd, ext cab, short bed. Already trying to find ways to modify the thing. I know some of you guys have one, so what's the best kept cheap trick secrets???

Bryan

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

See if you can grab the PROM out of a Cummins heavy duty truck (i.e. semi, firetruck, etc) and swap it in. I used to work for Cummins and they accidentally put a prom for a heavy duty in the medium duty diesel and it was amazing. The thing made over 75 more hp! I'm not sure how easily they swap between the designs of the trucks, we just built the engines. Hope that helps ya some.

3. BADASSBLAZE

BADASSBLAZE Registered Member

Banks "TLC" PowerPack. Yeah, its expensive, but it'll pay for itself in the long run.

4. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Just put a real nice exhaust on it and leave it alone. It will last forever. Well the motor will, the Dodge will fall apart around it, but that can be replaced.

Ken H.

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Laketex,
    You can make these things RUN..... Check out this web site. They have what you need, it is better than TDR anyway...... <a target="_blank" href=http://www.enterpriseengine.com/>http://www.enterpriseengine.com/</a>

John