Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dodge d60 hub?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazd88, Feb 23, 2005.

1. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

Since dodge and GM d60 are similar, will SRW dodge hub assemblies fit and work? I know that they are the same but what about the actual hub itself? On a dodge they are vacuum actuated, so is it possible to but manual locking hubs on them?
    thanx

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

What year Dodge D60 are you talking about?

If you're looking at a D60 from a 94+ Dodge, yes hubs can be added to some but it's still a completely different animal than a GM D60 (or 93 & older Dodge D60's).

3. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

im looking at SRW hubs only not sure of what year but il check

4. westtexask5

westtexask5 Registered Member

couldnt find out what year but the guy said that selectro hubs would bolt on to them. does anyone have any info on these. i know that they used to be their own company and are now owned by mile marker right. but what is the difference in these and normal manual hubs?

5. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a '75-'89 with the external hubs. I have one of these too. Superwinch also makes hubs for this axle...from what I have heard talking to other people and reading stuff on the internet, Superwinch hubs are either the pimp sh*t, or just plain pieces of sh*t. I have yet to find anything good about the Selectros anywhere. or, you could try and find a set of spicer hubs..they seem to be best, but are hard to find.