Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dodge D60

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Md mudder, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

anyone know for sure if a front D60 from a dodge will work in a 73-91 gm. I think I rember a 4wd mag article from a few years back where they put a 60 from a gm in a dodge and the spring perches were just off 1/2 inch or so.

<font color=green>Ryan</font color=green>
    <font color=red> 84 pickup 454/400/208 <font color=red>
    <font color=blue>79blazer 400 <font color=blue>

2. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Yep that's true. The perches are off by a little.

That's because I'm the devil.

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I've heard of guys ratchet strapping the springs closer to get them to line up with the dodge mounts. Save for a GM 60. It'll bolt right up and Selectro hubs suck.</font color=blue>

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone know the exact measurements of both. If it's not off by that much, I would say weld in the old holds where the spring center bolt goes and drill new ones. May have to add a little metal to the perches to widen them one way or the other and go for it, considering one is a true spring perch and the other is molded into the pumpkin, it should be pretty easy. Next question, what did they use for brakes, will the Chevy lines bolt to it? Or did they use the same backing plate so all you have to do is put in GM calipers (assuming the rotors are the same).

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

5. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

I woulnd't think you would even have to do that much sometimes you even have to persuade the springs some to get the gm axles to line up perfect.

6. FWP

FWP CRS

Get in touch with "AZK5", He's runnin Dodge D60s front and rear. I'm curious as to the details myself.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com>http://fwp4x4.rockcrawler.com</A>

7. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

ya if the dodge 60 could be maid to work fairly easy it sure would make the search easier.

8. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

Yeah, there off by a half inch or 3/4 of a inch. The only problem is the molded spring perch next to the pumpkin will not work with a GM spring plate, you have to get the dodge spring plate and due some creative welding to get the sway bar to attach.. As far as the brake line the dodge run one of those valve in the center of the axle but if you take that off I know that 1986 K30 brake lines will hook up no problems. I have no alignment problems except with bumpsteer which is cause by the 6 inch lift. If you have any ??? email me for pic or more information. I got my 60 for 200.00.

Eat More Mud!!!!

Dreaming of a BIG BLOCK!!!!

9. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

The Dodge axle perches were wider by a 1/4" on each side. I Partially welded the spring pin hole closed and used a die grinder to move the hole over. I also welded a 1/4" plate to the side of the perch for the spring to sit on. I fabricated my own u-bolt plates to take care of the front housing spring perch.
    The Selectro hubs suck and I wouldn't recomend using a Dodge Dana 60 unless you can get it real cheap. When I convert to 35 spline outers I'll swap in the GM bearing hub, and Warn 35 spline manual hub.
    I think you can use axles from 76-91 W300-W350 Dodge trucks.
    CB

1973 K5, 400TPI,TH350, 203/205, Dana60/Detroit/5.38 front and rear, 4" lift, 38" TSL's on steel wheels

10. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

AZK5, thanks for the info, there is a guy on ebay that has three of them listed for $775 which I knew was to high but I'll definatly steer clear now