Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge Dakota

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by poinzey, Dec 26, 2005.

1. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

Yay! I got my 99 Dodge Dakota back from letting the ex drive it for 2 years, now I have a dd again that will get good gas mileage and allow me to take the blazer down for extended periods for fixes/mods:wink1: . Since I trust you guys a couple of quick questions if anyone can answer...

when I got it back the ABS/BRAKE/CHECK ENGINE lights are all on. It has the right amount of fluid in the system, what could cause this? another symptom is the speedo doesnt kick in till 60 and fluctuates drastically with speed changes. It has the lil 4banger engine, 2wd, and 5 speed tranny.

also, who can recommend a good site with forums for this thing? kinda like ck5 with great people and help.

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

take it to autozone and see what kinda codes its throwing.

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Speedo could be the VSS, ABS/Brake lights sound like one of your ABS sensors might be bad, or could also be from the VSS.

VSS going bad on mopar I've seen cause some weird problems.

4. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

I don't have an Autozone out but I need to see if the guys at O'reilly's can pull the codes for me. Lookin around it seems like theres an abs sensor on the rear axle that might be the culprit.

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner