Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge dana 60 Front in my 84 K20 question.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KingDuramax, Apr 18, 2006.

1. KingDuramax

KingDuramax 1/2 ton status

I know the spring perches are wider. So what do I have to do to make it fit my K20? Is there any other differences I need to address?

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Are you lifting it or doing anything else. The top plates are different for the Dodge axle so you can't rehook your swaybar (bolt spacing is different). I am doing this right now for a customer and we are just making custom shackles for the back to take up the space, but this is using 52s up front which are 2.5" wide not the normal 3" wide your stock springs are. Anyway it seemed close enough to be able to fudge it pretty easily if you are still using 3" wide springs up front. Other than that most everything as far as parts go are the same

3. KingDuramax

I plan on lifting it six inches. I will be keeping the top plates from the Dodge. The axle is actually still in the truck so I have access to everything. I'm sure I could Fab up a swaybar bracket. Will it be better with 3 inch springs or 2.5? I was told there are some offset bushings that may help too. Have you heard of these?

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Az-kickin' off road made the offset bushings, but I don't think they're around anymore. I put a Dodge D60 under my K5 with about 6" of lift. I ditched the swaybar and am happier for it. I also bolted it straight up to some 4" lift BDS springs. I just left the shackle bolts loose and bolted it to the spring perches. The springs are slightly splayed, but I haven't noticed any ill effects at all, it's been almost a year now.

5. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You will be fine with the 6" springs and as said they don't quite line up dead on but are close enough that it will work. I agree with the ditching of the swaybar but with those Dodge top plates it would be easy to fab a disconnect

6. KingDuramax

Thanks for the help guys. Wanted to make sure I wasn't getting into more work than it was worth.