Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dodge dana 60 front ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by atho, Apr 13, 2004.

1. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

dodge dana 60 front ?\'s

hello, I recently scored a dodge dana 60 front axle for $150, and I have a few questions about it.
    I decoded the bill of material #, and it comes out to: 603643 4, which is from '76-'80 D-600. First of all, isnt the D-600 a 2 ton 2wd truck with the big six lug bolt pattern?
    second, the axle has huge external drive flanges. I would like to convert to locking hubs, and I can't seem to find any. The closest I have gotten is Selectro part number "11034-01 1976-1989 Dodge DANA 60 W300". This is the huge Selectro hub that you can turn with gloves on.
    Can anyone help?
    ps, if anyone has a pic of one of these axles, I would like to see how the stock brake lines are routed along the axle tube from driver caliper to pass side.
    thanks

2. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

3. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

Re: dodge dana 60 front ?\'s

[ QUOTE ]
    The only confirmed "new" external 30 spline lockouts I could find were the Milemarker "Selectro" brand which many have reported are fairly weak

[/ QUOTE ]
    from the above article...and I am not even sure about the Selectros, there is no mention of a D-600 on their website.

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I have a buddy trying to get rid of his locking hubs like the ones you need. I am sure he would trade or sell them to you. Email me if interested: jac6695@hardcore4x4.com.

5. crazy_swede_73

crazy_swede_73 Registered Member

Selectro locking hubs is what you have to live with if you don't swap your hubs to chevy ones.

I have the same axle on my truck but i swapped my break lines to braided stainless ones with teflon core.
    also the dodge 60 is 67" wide, compared to chevy wich is 69".
    I just bought 1.5" spacers,,,go high go wide,,, /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

what all is involved with swapping to GM hubs?

also, are the Selectro hubs good or bad? I have only ever seen a few sets on old (Napco) trucks.

7. crazy_swede_73

crazy_swede_73 Registered Member

Changing to chevy hubs involves new wheel bearings and seals.
    The selctro hubs are in my oppinion ok, they have a couple of down sides though, for one, since they are external locking hubs, they could easily bump into rocks and get damaged, and they are not as strong as Warn hubs.
    But since i us spacers the "sticking out" problem doesn't bother me that much,,,,My rear axle (14bff) is from a G30 van and is 70" wide,,,so if i want to have the width in the front as in the rear i just have to live with my selectros ,,or buy chevy hubs and Warn Locking hubs and ignore that missing inch.... /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif