Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge Dana 60, Hub question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Twiz, May 20, 2002.

1. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

We have a Dodge with 60s front and back at the shop, I think it's a '85, maybe late 70s. 465/205.
    I think the owners going to junk-it, (the rear brakes are completely shot, drums/hardwear/wheel cyls and bearings, probably will cost more to repair it than the thing is worth - to him)
    So I bet I could make an offer and walk away with the thing for next to nothing.

Here's where you guys come in,
    Did a search on installing the Dodge 60 in a G.M.:
    - wider perches, perches are spread, axle width, shock mounting, steering arm - all stuff I can work around, so thats not a problem.

This thing has, I assume external hubs, the dial is a big knob on the end of the hub (like a shower).

1 - If they truly are external, can they be converted to intrenal? If so - How?
    2 - How much should I offer the guy? The tuck is pretty ruff, and all I want is the axles, front and rear 60s. I think I'm going to low-ball the bid and go from there, ($300-)
    3 - any idea how wide the rear axle is?

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

1 - If they truly are external, can they be converted to intrenal? If so - How?
    A- yes they are external, I just missed the bolt pattern the first time 'round. I would have to swap the hub/rotors, possibly spindal and maybe ecent the stub-shaft - .

2 - How much should I offer the guy? The tuck is pretty ruff, and all I want is the axles, front and rear 60s. I think I'm going to low-ball the bid and go from there, ($300-)
    A - Deals pending

3 - any idea how wide the rear axle is?
    A -
    Front WMF to WMF is about 67"
    Rear WMF to WMF is about 66"
    About an 8-on 6.5 bolt pattern.