Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dodge fixed yoke 208?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Sep 10, 2005.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

Out at the farm i work at on the weekends we have an 84 dodge 4wd that is just sitting there getting picked for parts, the rear-end, transfercase or tranny siezed up on it so the started parting it out i havent really done anything but look at it. i did notice that it has a 208 in it with a fixed yoke. I am currently working on my shortbox with 14" of lift, it also has a 4speed and a slip-208 transfercase, if that case is good will it bolt-up or is there any way i can maybe swap shafts and make mine a fixed yoke too?

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Yes. You need to take the rear part of the case off the dodge and make it fit on the front chevy case. I have some pictures on my comp at my house. I can send them if you would lile. There was a post on this a good while back. You will have to fab up something for the speedometer, and something for the rear support strut mounting hole (needs to be welded on).

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100934&highlight=208+weld+dodge

I have a few other pics too...

3. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

ok so i can just change out the mainshaft and use the existing yoke and tail housing right? does anyone have a write-up on changing shafts?

4. big4x4ride

big4x4ride 1/2 ton status

if you use the doidge case itself, swap the chev input in it then you can run it with no fabbing and since the dodge case is clocked different, when it bolts tot the chevy adapter it sits completly flat. You do need a body lift or floor mods to do this :)