Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge Front diff into a chevy, what do I need?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 80blackgmc, Nov 23, 2004.

1. 80blackgmc

80blackgmc Registered Member

Hey....what do I need to put a dodge dana 60 or 44 even into an early '80s chevy truck? Thanks guys.

2. bigchief427

bigchief427 Registered Member

not much i put a 60 out of a 78-80 d600(according to the bom) in my 81 k10 and it pretty much bolted up. THE steering is muffed and needs crossover BAD. umm i bought a different yoke for the drive shaft. OH the spring perches are like half an inch off and you'll have to pry the springs apart or use an offset bushing or something, mine fit perfect but it came out of a k5 so /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif the only rub was the dodge axle had external style hubs and the only lockout available(that i could find) was a milemarker it seems ok but the top end stuff seems to be made by warn thanks good luck chief

3. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

I have a '78 Dodge D60 going into my truck, too. Mine has stock drive flanges, which I am going to have broached to 35 spline (less than $100) and I will be set. You can convert to GM style srw hubs, they will work, but they are $$$.