Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge neon vs. Peterbuilt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BamBamblazer, Apr 4, 2005.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Here is a few pics of a truck from the company i work for after it was in a fatlity head-on crash at 65mph. The accident happened back in Feb. and it was the cars fault, he lost control and came through the median. The truck suffered $39,000 in damage and the neon didnt fair to well either. The truck's right front corner climbed the neon at the drivers side mirror and exited behind the passenger side rear seat. the driver of the neon was killed instantly. The driver of the truck told me that something in the truck grabed the driver of the neon and jerked him out of the car so fast that it took him out of his pants. :eek: The driver of the truck is a good friend of mine and walked away with only emotional issues and a few bruises.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front axle ripped completely loose and pushed back 3 feet
    [​IMG]

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Pretty spooky looking.

Was that front axle torn of and pushed in or is that the whole frame that is mushed up in there?

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

That does not look like any fun.

4. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

The axle was ripped off the springs and pushed back. They say the frame didnt get damaged, i say "yeh right!!"

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Oh Gawd No.......................................................................... :eek1:

On the topic at hand, I went to a fatal accident last summer, truck versus Tahoe. Tahoe driver was killed, but just the shear mass of destruction is something to behold. They found the Tahoe engine 300 feet away. The front end of the truck was about 30 feet in front of it, along with the fuel tank. Never affected the load though.

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

WOW, did you guys hear about the driver that fell asleep crossed 94 and hit another truck head on? in michigan? the trucks were towed to my dads yard cuz the towing company for the cops didn't have the room. MAN was that a mess.i never thought a semi could be that wrecked. the driver of the innocent truck died. the whole front end was gone and the rear axles were broke off on the drivers side. the other truck was a puzzle. :(

7. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

all i do is traffic fatalities for our police dept. 13 callouts this year....

yep 18 wheelers do get smashed...

couple of years ago we had a toyota tundra vs 18 wheeler head on on the interstate.... it knocked the tranny out the 18 wheeler!

8. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

just last month i was going down 81 in VA which is a huge trucker road, anyways it was snowing pretty hard and I could hardly go 40mph(prolly cuz of my rear locker) but trucks were just flying by me like there was no snow at all, well some dumb a$$ trucker lost it and flipped blocked the whole road up for hours, two wreckers flipped it back on its wheels and then he just drove away didnt even stop at the next stop, haha he must of have been really late

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Bad news when big trucks crash...

I've seen more than a few semi's after bad accidents here too..the trucks always fare better than whatever hits them though,even when they do suffer some damage--cant argue with physics..that Neon must gave looked like a ball of tinfiol after that truck hit it!--I get nervous passing one in my fullsize GM trucks--and really start sweating in my little ford contour or the jetta I used to have when I get sandwiched between a convoy,which we seem to have more of than ever lately around here..big trucks and small cars dont mix.

A few of the worst ones I saw were ones that crashed into a rock ledge on the mass pike and it burned like a road flare for 15 minites straight--the driver was ash,and so was most of the cab,and the tanker behind it was partially melted,was carrying heating oil,but was nearly empty when it crashed and it was a miracle it didnt explode--the oil came out of a broken off valve when it tipped over,and it just flared up....I saw the truck when I passed by on rt. 495 at the mass pike interchange..we had to stop--nothing wrong on our road--just all the rubbernecks stopping to watch..sadists..

Another one tipped over hauling large rocks in a nearby town,and while on its side it slid into a huge oak tree,and took the cab right off the frame,hitting the windsheild area with the tree trunk,the driver was crushed and killed..--I knew the guy driving it too--not well,but I knew who he was--I could not believe a big Mack truck could fold up like that one did,and kill the driver--especially when eyewitneeses say he was only going about 35-40 mph when they saw it go over in a turn,like it was in slow motion...

We have at least one accident a day involving a tractor trailer,usually rollovers at an interchange nearby (they all have extemely sharp curves,and the drivers take the ramps 25+over the limit,and they flop right over--must think they are driving a Porche instead of a semi!)--or they jacknife across all 3 lanes,shutting down the whole northeast corridor of rt.95,happens in RI all the time...like the one in virginia mentioned earlier,I know some folks stuck in that snowstorm and accident who were going to a concert there last month..hard to go anywhere now and be sure your going to make it... :frown1:

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

man gotta give that neon some credit, he took a goot chunk out wouldent have thought so..

11. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

About a year ago a semi driver was coming off the Harbor Bridge (VERY LARGE) in Corpus Christi and took the curve at the bottom too fast. He flipped the rig over and it proceeded to slide into an overpass piling and litterally tore the whole cab off the frame. He was ejected and thrown into the middle lane of a 3 lane freeway. He was hauling some kind of toxic gas so no emergency crews could approach the scene until they figured out what to do about the gas that was leaking everywhere. The driver's dead body ended up laying in the middle of the freeway for about 3 hours before they could safely approach the scene. They did have traffic reduced to one lane so he didnt get run over, not that it mattered at that point.