Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DODGE question..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 26, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok my nieghbor just bought a 2002 dodge 1 ton ext. cab long bed. nice truck!! but i was looking at the back springs, and there was the 1 ton sprngs, but then there was like a thin block and another set on top, fliped up the other way, and they said "front" on them, and they looked like they would belong in the front or something, i was just wondering, im not that knowledgable about this stuff, and i never saw anything like this befor..and i know dodge uses coil springs in the fornt.. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Bryan

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds like overload leaves. The truck rides on the main set when the bed is empty, but still has a somewhat decent ride. When you load it down, the main leaves contact the overload leaves and the spring rate increases dramtically. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahh ic..but that was a clean ass truck..no rust at ALL..i wanted that thing...lol

Bryan

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

PM LiftedAssDodge.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Look under it again next spring. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I'm sure that one winter in Rochester will make a big difference in how it looks underneath! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif But he'll still be making payments that would let you gold plate your rig. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Camper special package. I just bought a dodge 3/4 ton and have the same package. They're progressive rate overloads like helper springs. Keeps you a decent ride unloaded and then they kick in when you add the weight. The front designation is for which end goes forward on install.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahh ok that would make sence since he has a big tandam axle camping trailer lol..

Bryan