Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dodge springs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, Feb 5, 2006.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This may be a dumb question but ive been looking for ways to lift my truck cheaply using springs from another vehicle. the 52in swap would be cool but all the other modifications required rule out the cheap part. ive looked at dodge front springs and they are 1in longer than stock chevy front springs. has anyone thought of using these on the front? would they provide any lift or flex? i only want about 3inches of lift and cant really afford new springs, even cheap ones so any help would be awesome. thanks again.

2. MEK5

MEK5 1/2 ton status

I have a set of the Dodge 48" front springs that I thought about putting in my yard plow truck(GM) but decided it wasnt worth the trouble.First off they have small spring eyes/bolts and they are 2 1/2" wide,you would have to come up with some custom bushings/shims to make them work in a GM.Also since they are 1" longer it going to set your axle back an inch unless you move your front spring hanger which your trying to avoid and can cause tire/fender issues along with steering adjustments.

I think they would give you a couple inches of lift vs the factory springs but looking at them dont think they would flex that well unless you rework them some.Add up all the work involved in this swap I am probably not going to use mine and just hold out for a cheap used set of GM lift springs!

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ok thanks. i didnt know all that would be involved i just knew they were 48" so i guess ill keep looking for used springs also. thanks again