Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge tranny?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, Jun 16, 2003.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok, my grandfather has a 99 Ram 3500 with a Cummins in it and he has the auto tranny. He wants me to order him a new tranny pan and I need to know the model of the tranny. Any ideas?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Build one....................

By the way................Speaking of which.........Do ya think that a tranny pan built out of say 3/16th would do a good enough job at dissapating the heat? W/a cooler?

3. willyswanter

Build one? I aint any good at dat stuff

Hey, I would say 3/16" steel wouldn't cool very well... He wants a finned alluminum one. He towes a 38 foot fifth wheel travel trailer with it. Why he bought an auto is beyond me /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

5. mudtruck

mudtruck Registered Member

To answer your question its a 46 RE Tranny. And to offer a solution to your problem. I have a mopar performance trans pan i would sell you that would bolt right on there it has never been installed and i bought i new for my dodge. It is the deep pan with the drain plug and temp sender hole already there. I would like to get $100 for it my chevy needs new tires. Long story but i am back to my chevys. Send me a email Gotmud@adelphia.net

6. willyswanter

He wants the mag-hytec pan because of some article he ran... Thanks for answering my question though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

The '99 Cummins would use the 47RE transmission, the 46RE was the 1/2 ton version.......but they are basically the same case and use the same pan. The new trucks are now coming with a nice re-usable o-ring style pan gasket you can get from Mopar also.