Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dodge transmissions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pwrhouss, Sep 12, 2006.

1. pwrhouss

pwrhouss Registered Member

I am looking to buy a 2000 dodge 1500 for work/hunting and fishing. My K-5 is just too nice now with the paint job to go tearing through the woods. I know people talk about the transmission problems in Dodge's. Were the problems ever worked out and what years would be better to buy. The one I am looking at has 130K miles and the 5.9 engine. SSorry about the mopar question but I thought y'all might know.

2. Clod_King

Clod_King 1/2 ton status

look for another chev, that way you can rip parts off of it when you are "done" with it. OR you can lift it, and wheel the **** out of it, and use your purdy chev for a DD. I wish my truck was in good looking shape..... Atleast it's brown, it won't show the rust as much.....

3. bigblock72

bigblock72 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If the trans has been rebuilt fairly recently it probably has the latest updates and will hold up ok.............or it may not. The Magnum motors don't hold up very well if they have been abused or run hard, they seem to like to eat valve seats and crack heads. I would definitely buy a Chevy you'll be a lot happier with the performance, longevity, and the ability to swap parts on to your Blaze when you're done with it. Not to mention you'll have more friends here on CK5.

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner