Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doe some of y'all live at your computers or what??!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fad2blk99, Dec 8, 2001.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Doe some of y\'all live at your computers or what??!!

I've been using this site for around to two years (a little exageration) and I've got less than a hundred posts. I've seen some people who've only been registered 6 months and have 200. Some of you guys have over 3000!!!! Where do y'all get the time!!!!

<font color=black> -Tommy
    <font color=red>"To secure peace is to prepare for war..."
    &lt;P ID="edit"&gt;&lt;FONT class="small"&gt;&lt;EM&gt;Edited by fad2blk99 on 12/08/01 05:43 PM.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by fad2blk99 on 12/08/01 05:47 PM.</FONT></P>

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Re: Doe some of y\'all live at your computers of what??!!

I've been on here for 3 months. I have 464 posts. 465 with this one. I just check the boards between classes and after practices. On weekends I check the boards fairly often, because I don't have a vehicle here at college beside my feet, so I'm here most of the time. Also I am eager to learn, so I ask alot of questions, and help anyone I can.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Yeah.. If my computer would cooperate more often I'd probably have more post too. Lord knows Ive had my share of problems with my trucks.

<font color=black> -Tommy
    <font color=red>"To secure peace is to prepare for war..."

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Doe some of y\'all live at your computers or what??!!

well yes i do live on my pc i have been here just over a year and have over 3,000 posts rene is the highest with over 5,000[​IMG]

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

5. Blazinit

Blazinit Registered Member

I just started here, but I enjoy being helped by skilled individuals that know what they are talking about and doing what I can in return. Pretty friendly site and it's all about K5's, what's not to like?

'84 K5 Blazer 4"Rancho R/B w/Quad Diamond Back front 350/TH700r4/NP208/35" BFG AT/10 bolt F&R
    Washington, USA

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Most of my post's are well, are BS! Ask Muddin (Lara) she has alot more post's than I do!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>Forgotten Freshness</a>

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Tommy,

I do a lot of *run out to the truck, try to do something, get confused* *run into the house, post a question* *run out to the truck and wait for answer while pondering my confusion* *run back in, read answers* *run back out, try solutions* *run back in, post another question*

Hence, the posts build up really fast for me [​IMG]

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm with SkiGirl......There are times when I'm stuck in the middle of a procedure.....I post a message, and get the solution ALMOST in "real time".....usually just a few minutes later.....long enough for me to relax and calm down a bit.

It's really a cool feeling to have THIS many people wanting to help you succeed on your K5!

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

9. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I have a few post under my belt and have been around on the boards for a while... even was checking out the original board as a lurker waayyyy back! But a lot of people are in IT or have comps at work. I check usually once during the day between classes and then again after I get home from the shop. Winter is here and I'm a clod wus so I spend a lot of time staying out of the cold LOL

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

10. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Guilty as charged![​IMG] But I have sold almost $10,000 worth of parts to members here since May so it is worth it to me. I have over 2000 post in less then a year.[​IMG]

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Some of us are trapped in the matrix
    we don't have cool sounding jobs like " Jet Engine Technician" We sit in offices with no windows and use the computer as our window on the world (couse we should be working). My job is listed as "repair tech" I sit on my butt all day waiting for people with broken Cell phones to show up and then I fix them. Or I fine the phone is smarter than the user and I adjust the customer. Today I actully had fun. We had our Race car at the store ( the 01 Cingular wireless Winston car) So I hung out with the guy that works for SABCO that brought it out and talked racing, cars and 4x4's and took pictures today.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

12. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I spend a mojority of my day on here....like 80%,[​IMG]

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

13. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

YES! Next question please....

<a target="_blank" href=http://new.wavlist.com/movies/031/ag-blow.wav>"I ain't nobody, dork."</a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I do spend a lot of my day here...and i have racked up a couple of posts. I work second shift and stay at home with our baby girl during the day and work nights. I alterante between chasing after her, posting, cleaning up after her, posting...you get the idea.

If I see someone needs a little info and I think I might be able to help Ido my best to help...[​IMG] I like to think I make a difference now and then as I've recieved a lot of help too.[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

15. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Way back when I first found CK5 on my Commodore 64 ..JK.. but it seems that long ago I used to ,post, post, post, post[​IMG]....then I discovered I could learn more by reading, and help ,more folks by posting about what I knew and being quiet the rest of the time[​IMG], besides it helps with the broadband space that way also, I'm on this site twice a day read most of the forums, and VOTE each time for the only K5 site I read and post on any more.

The Ancient off-roader
    White Knight

16. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Since I discovered this place, I probably check it at least once a day. I've learned a ton, plus, I feel like I've made a couple thousand new friends that have the same interests as me and want to talk about them as much as I do. Most of my friends here in the real world aren't ate up with 4x4's like myself, so you guys are the ones I have to go to for this stuff. The funny part is that my wife and I know some people who've left their spouses for someone they met on the net, so one time I was sitting here replying to a post and she started looking over my shoulder and asked who I had so much to say to. Had her worried, I guess. Like I'm really gonna leave her for some Canadian with a rustier truck than mine. LOL

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

17. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I literally sit behind a computer all day for work, then go home to sit behind one for my relaxation. I love computers, always have. I feel very fortunate that I get paid to do what I love. I don't have the plethora of posts like Rene and some of the other guys cause I actually go to other sites on the internet =)

Crawlin the rocks with my K5
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rockreadyk5.com>http://www.rockreadyk5.com</a>

18. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Only 495 posts for me [​IMG]! Anyone here who has over 500 posts is generally a very good source of information. Many of them are lucky enough to spend their day beind a keyboard, and have the time to type too! ME PERSONALLY - I work computers every day. I have 14 at my desk... if it wasn't for that d@mn manager of mine, I might have a few more posts too! [​IMG][​IMG]

Hats off to the folks like Rene, Wes, etc. that are here all the time helping folks out. Without these guys/gals, my truck and many others would never aspire to become anything like they are now. My mind has been twisted into thinking I have to build the biggest K5 in all of IL! But I love every minute of it!!!

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    Excite @Home SUCKS!
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s

19. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I go in cycles. Sometimes I'm on all the time, posting and researching. Then I'll go for a while where I wont read or post at all. Then I'll lapse into my current cycle of reading but not posting much. Just depends. I've been fortunate enough to develop the funds to work on the truck more lately too. I love this site, been here since it was on the old board and it didn't come to the top with every new post. That was fun. It's grown a lot, and now I dont recognize a lot of the people. It's awfully difficult to check all the posts anymore, so I just read the high points, or things that I'm working on currently that catches my eye. I love it. Always new innovation and home brew ideas. As for when I get on...usually between classes at the university or late at night when I'm still wide eyed awake and the wife's already gone to bed. [​IMG]

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

20. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator