Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does a 1996 Stereo/Cd have factory pre-outs?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MOABDADC22, Jan 16, 2002.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I have a 1996 Chevy Tahoe with the factory AM/FM cassette/ CD player. Does this have the pre-outs needed to hook up an amp? I just want to run one 10" JBL sub. Is there an easy way to hook up the amp without screwing with the wiring too much? I took the amp and sub out of my old Blazer, so I know how to hook it up, but my old deck had the pre-outs that made it pretty easy to do. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/>http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/</a>Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Your factory radio does not have preamp outputs... Since you took the stuff out of your old blazer then you shouldnt have a problem putting the wiring back in... Run a power wire from the battery (with a fuse within 18 in. of the battery). Run the remote wire from the fuse block if you have to.. And ground it to the rear seat belt bolt... You can pick up a line level converter (i.e. speaker line to rca output) pretty cheap now adays... or if you amp will take line level input then there wont be a problem.. Use the converter to get the rca out you will need (again unless you have line level inputs on the amp). Hope that helps..

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]