Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

does a 4" lift kit need steering correction w/ stock steering?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RampageFSJ, Jul 7, 2006.

1. RampageFSJ

RampageFSJ 1/2 ton status

I've been saying a lot lately that I'm helping a friend and we have a 4" lift on a parts truck that we can get for his Blazer, and I have another question. I looked at the truck with the stock height Blazer nose to nose and noticed that the pitman arm and the arm on the knuckle of the parts truck look like they are stock. Can a rig run without steering corrections with a 4" lift? Or did the PO on the parts truck skip out on the steering when he lifted it? If it "kinda" works, that would be allright. He's going to go with crossover steering shortly after it's lifted with all of those problems figured out if I have any say in what's going on with it:wink1: .

Many thanks in advance.:waytogo:

2. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

you need steering correction. you won't be able to turn in one direction - i forget which. i think it's left. your turning radius would be about a mile in the left direction.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You can get away without a steering correction but you will definately need to readjust the drag link or it won't steer as far in one direction as the other. Sometimes you run out of adjustment making it nessecary to install a steering correction device of some sort.

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

On my 77 K10 I just adjusted the draglink, and it didn't turn that great, but I could live with it.

On my 84 K5 I used a raised arm and it was like stock, awsome turning radius in both directions.

Both had 4" suspension lifts.

5. jolane

jolane 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I too have a 4" lift, and had a raised steering arm. It still turned better to the left than the right even with the arm, but was MUCH better than stock. With that said, I just went to a D60 and cross-over, and have a raised steering arm "left over". Someone is coming for the axle set tomorrow, but does not want the steering arm. If interested, make an offer. I may also have VERY low miles (less than 600 probably) draglink sleeve and TRE's to go with it. I will know more Sunday after the axles are picked up.

Please use PM if interested. Sorry for the hijack...
    Joshua

6. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Could just do crossover at the same time as lift and not worry about it.