Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does any of this apply to you???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Donna, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I thought this was kinda /forums/images/icons/cool.gif It is kinda long though.

You might be a four wheeler if-
    10 -you think SPAM Shish-ka-bobs on a phillips screw driver taste good.
    9 -you have ever had 2 wheels off the ground and said "We're in good shape."
    8 -you have ever "nuked" a microwave burrito on an intake manifold.
    7 -you favorite cologne is "Eau de Unleaded" (91 octane).
    6 -you have ever heard a counselor say "no I don't think 38" Boggers will work well under your wife's Ford Fiesta."
    5 -you like mud cause "its high in minerals."
    4 -every dent you put in your vehicle pops 2 dents out.
    3 -you have to get the wheel barrow to clean your drive way off after you wash your vehicle.
    2 -you think "protection from the elements" (i.e. a top) is for wussies.

And the #1 sign you might be a Four Wheeler is:
    1 - you have driven a vehicle for 10 hours straight ...and never exceeded 3 mph.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Signs that you're a hard core Four wheeler:

- You find that you need a new house because you've outgrown your garage and the neighbors are threatening violence if you park one more vehicle on the street or in the front yard.

- The requirements you give your real estate agent are (in order of importance):
    1) 8 car climate controlled garage with an attached shop, 8' high doors.
    2) Outside parking for 6 cars, a motor home, a crew cab dualie, a 28'enclosed trailer and a 34' 5th wheel.
    3) 3 phase 220V outlets in the garage for your welder.
    4) A grease pit.
    5) Convenient to a hazardous waste disposal site.
    6) Deaf neighbors.
    7) Across the street from a paint and body shop.
    Some sort of house with a working toilet and shower on the property somewhere -or- hookups for the motor home

-Your email address refers to your truck rather than to you.
    - You buy new parts because you don't know where you put the spares.
    - You're looking for a tow vehicle and still haven't bought furniture for your house!
    - You measure all family acquisitions in terms of the number of parts that could have been purchased.
    - You look at the purchase of tools as a long term investment.
    - Your garage holds more vehicles than your house has bedrooms.
    - You have enough spare parts to build another truck.
    - You have truck parts in your cubicle at work.
    - Your Christmas list begins with another set of BFG MTs and E-Z Locker and your 'significant other' knows what they are
    - After your answer to "What did you do this weekend?" the next question is always: "And you do this for fun? Right?"
    - You have a separate drawer for 'garage clothes'.
    - People know you by your "off"s". "Oh, you are the one stuck in the mud at Fishing Creek last weekend!"
    - You talk to other cars on the road, calling them by the manufacturer's name.
    - Your criteria for selecting a significant other include auto repair skills. Air tools optional.
    - You plan your wedding around the club schedule.
    - You astound the clerk at Sears by bringing in a snapped breaker bar every other week or so.
    - You give out 4 wheel Parts Wholesalers number when a friend asks for the best hardware store.
    - You hate long distance driving, but you will gladly drive 800 miles to the trail.
    - You save broken car parts as " momentos".
    - You know the exact story behind every one! (see above)
    - You would choose a roll bar over air conditioning if it were an option.
    - Your idea of a good time is sitting around figuring out gear ratios and the ideal crawl ratio for given situations.
    - When someone refers to "The Good Book", you think of "The Jeep Owners Bible"
    - You own five Trucks and only one of them is street legal.
    - There's a poster of Moab up on the wall next to the family portraits.
    - Your video collection contains more wheeling videos then regular videos.
    - Your friends call to tell you they found another way into the woods rather than to see how your doing.
    - You refer to "Friends" by the type of truck they drive rather than names.
    - You filled out the Top Truck Challenge Voting card but threw away the Census 2000 forms.
    - 90% of you work e-mail is wheeling related
    - You keep trying to coerce your significant other to allow you to remove the doors on the mini van.
    - You refer to the local construction site as "The testing ground".
    - You can remember how to get to every trail you've been on but get lost going to your in-laws.
    - "The Big Question" refers to Bogger or TSL.
    - When someone says someone is Biased you immediately think of tires.
    - Your truck no longer fits in the garage.
    - Your truck has gone to super model status and doesn't leave the garage for any trail less than a 4+.
    - Your daily driver is considered a mild trail rig.
    - Drivers behind you can see the car in front of you, under the truck.
    - The term "Open with Attitude" is tattooed on you, or you're thinking about it.
    - You base your next vehicle purchase on it's crawl ratio and what's available for it in the after market.
    - People see pictures of your truck flexed out and ask "Is it broken?".
    - You stopped washing your truck cause it shows off the scratches.
    - Your boss asks you not to bring the truck to work anymore because it won't fit in the parking garage without the antenna scraping the ceiling.
    - You've actually replaced a fluorescent light in the parking garage cause your antenna hit it.
    - Your club web site is your home page.
    - You are in search of a house that borders state forest and refuse to buy anything that's not even remotely close to it.
    - You'll drop a couple grand on new axles but the kitchen sink still leaks.
    - The vacation pictures are all off road.
    - You ALWAYS have your drinks on the rocks!
    - You look at an open are in the woods and can determine the best line.
    - You base your social class on your recent RTI score rather than how much money you make.
    - Working on your truck is considered relaxation.
    - Every time you see a lowered truck you wanna get out and slap the driver silly.
    - You look at other cars and think to yourself "I can crawl over that".
    - You consider Rubicon as the holy land.
    - Tellico no longer scares you.
    - You carry more parts to the trail than home.
    - You've installed or though about installing a lift on the lawn mower.
    - You consider anything without 4wd-Useless.
    - Your ideal vehicle is a Unimog.
    - Your truck cost as much as an italian sports car.
    - When someone mentions "Xtreme" your eyes light up!
    - Motivation involves someone saying "you can't make it".

And the #1 Sign you're a hard core wheeler:

It's not considered a good trail ride if nothing breaks!

2. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

Hello... My name is Jon, and I'm a Wheel-a-holic...

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Yea---this one is gettin put on the fridge /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Oh Crap that is the best!!!I think I apply to "all of the above!".When your 5 year old knows all the tread patterns of the real off-road tires...i.e boggers,swampers,BFG M/T's and the old "ThornCraps".It a true story!!

5. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I cant seem to find anything in the list that DOSENT relate to my life /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

We took a few pictures of our 3 year old the other day that were incredible. She was cleaning the drive shaft out of my truck with an old tooth brush. Then she was rummaging through Wayne's tools looking for "her size tools" in her daddy's tool box. She also calls his tools...daddy's toy's. And she get's really pissed when he chases her out of the tool box. She has already come to me tatteling on daddy cuz he wouldn't share his toys with her. God I can see her now when she turns 16. She'll want her own 4x4. Which isn't a bad thing, however.....I for see her wanting it bigger then mommy's or daddy's. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

7. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Here's another..

You might be a 4 wheelin nut if yu try to climb the piles of snow in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

I for one am guilty of that one. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah!!My boys (7 and 10) can tell the difference between a CJ-5,CJ-6,CJ-7 and even the Scramblers. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I know there Heeps. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif They also know Chevys and Fords and Dodges.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

haha thats great...copied that one!!

bryan

10. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

my three year old is allways asking about beadlocks, is that good? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

11. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Sounds kinda scary if you ask me. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Heck we have even watched our 3 year old lay underneath her little red wagon with the sides that come off of those disposable plastic party sun glasses as her tools and was trying to fix what ever was wrong with it. The day I swapped the front bumper on my truck she layed down underneath the truck beside me and said Mommy can I help you. And thought she was a big shot when I left her hold the nut's and bolts till I needed them.

12. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ] - People know you by your "off"s". "Oh, you are the one stuck in the mud at Fishing Creek last weekend!"

hahaha the local lift kit place that i hung out with and helped em when needed would be like hey red stuck blazer guy cmere or i'd call when stuck. they'd be like metal magic and i'd be like hey this is jacob. they'll ask who? i'd be like the red blazer guy and they'd go ooooooooo where ya stuck now? lol. was some funny stuff. alot more apply to me but i don't have the time. lol. later.

jacob "the stuck red blazer guy"

13. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

My son (5 yrs old) has decided that he is going to start saving his allowance now so he can buy parts to have a truck built by the time he's old enough to drive. Of course, it'll have to be bigger than Dad's.

John

14. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My 9 year old spotted a set of those fake beadlocks on a jeep last night and asked about them. I told her they were fake Beadlocks. SHe asked what Bead locks do, I explained and went on to say this guy is just trying to look cool (had like 31 inch tires). SHe looks at the Jeep and said "Posure". I just chuckled.
    I have seen a different version of the firs one. It used dipstick instead of Philips head Screw driver.

15. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

most of this applies to me and most of it my wife hates.she cant understand why i want to change my truck to 3/4 ton and also why i spend so much time and money on it.she wont even ride in it unless she has to.a lot more of this would apply to me if i wasnt renting my house.looking for a permanent home for my blazer right now.i already had to sell off one parts truck cause the landlord wouldnt let me keep "junk" on his property.i gotta find a house fast so i can get more "junk" to tear apart and use. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif .awesome post,i never seen this before.definitely going on the fridge.

16. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Holy CRAP[​IMG] that is awesome. I won't lie and say everyone is me, but lord have mercy way to many of them, 90% hit home!!!! I even have the broken part saved in my drawer at work. It is a D60 Stubshaft that I exploded!!!![​IMG]

17. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I am really glad that all of you have enjoyed this. Sad part is there are even a few things on there that apply to me and I'm kinda new to this stuff.