Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does any one know approximate cost to rhinoline a blazer tub?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Klink K5, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

I am considering having my 86 cucv spraied professionally to rid of the rubber floor mat that I cant find for sale anymore G.M style. Does any one know how much it cost to spray a tub on the inside? Let me know, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

The biggest cost is going to be in the prep- they/you will have to remove all that rubber stuff- take out all the seats, trim, etc. the seat belts are a PIA....etc. Then they/you have to tape everything off-

as an idea, our 6 foot bed- in our Duramax was 350 from start to finish..we didnt' do any of th prep

Brandy

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

do all the prep work yourself, it shouldnt cost much, i just used the roll on bed liner at 40 dollars a gallon, i wish i would rolled it on thicker, and not have let my hi lift sit back there freely when i went wheelin, but other then that im happy with the roll on.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I'm in Los Angeles. I prepped my truck completely, went with Linex (thot it was a little harder and tougher than Rhino - IMHO). They charge $650 for black, and $150 more than that for a color - $50 for the color and $100 for UV coating.

Too expensive I thot, but I had them put it on 1/4" thick, and it's been great. I don't regret having done it. But it is pricey!

5. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I Hurculined my blazer myself for about 100.00. Its pretty easy. You can check it out here ---> Hurculineing my 71 blazer

6. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

I own a Rhino dealership and if a customer brought it to us i would charge 650 plus 150 for a custom color match.
    That would include all the prep work. We would only require that it the interior be striped except for seats and seatbelts.

7. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Ok another dumb question, I live in Iowa and the winters here can get very cold. What I'm getting at does the rhinolining offer any insulation R factor. Lets say I have it sprayed on a 1/4 inch thick, will it hold in any heat or be just like driving around a ice box. I plan on driving this thing alot in the winter for a work/hunting truck. Thanks, Klink /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

R factor? you gonna live in it? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif My only experience is with herculiner... rhinoliner at 1/4" should have some insultating properties..

I can say for sure that herc' does insulate road noise. I bougt two cans of and have 3/4 can left from doing the whole inside of my 72 Jimmy. My only complaint with this cheap stuff is that is looses its gloss in the sun... one of my friends commented that it is too rough for for his tastes. oh yeah, it goes on thin... like 1/8" max. and it is like 10 grit sandpaper..

9. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I had the entire interior of my '90 Jimmy Rhino linned. With respect to R factor and sound insulation it is minimul; however, in combonation with carpet and padding the interior is a lot quiter and warmer in the winter, and cooler in the summer. The main benifit is that I no longer have any worries about rust eating up the floor from the inside out.

10. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

I spray Custom Linings in Lehi UT it is a BASF product, I believe it to be the best and if you were to pull everything out so that all we had to do was mask and spray you wouldn't be looking at an $800 bill. I would say between $500 and $600 that would be my estimate and our stuff is tuff although you may not be in our area I'm sure you could find a place that sprays Custom Linings. As for stats tear strength is higher than both Rhino and LineX but the compound is a little softer than LineX, same texture pretty much. I lined my Jimmy inside the bed and the whole complete exterior. It holds its color well but just like everything else it loses it's shine or sparkle after about 6 months in the sun. I have dragged body panels over rocks and although it has dented the metal it doesn't tear the Liner. As far as sound insulation don't expect too much, Carpet does better.

Dave Cowley

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I paid a little over $500 to get mine Rhino Lined, but that was almost 5 yrs ago (summer '98). I already removed all the rust and had interior out when I took it in.

12. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

I don't have a clue, I've got a book with lists on every test imaginable but no R value thast i can find.
    If it's that important to you i can call the head office and find out for you.