Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

does anybody else do this

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Dec 16, 2001.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i thought id pass along an idea that i have been practicing for quite awhile. i keep any and all blazer info i retain in 3 ring binders stored in clear (school report type covers) for protection. that has been alot since i discovered this site ! i also have kept just about every reciept for repairs and parts bought since i purchased my blazer.most people who see this think its pretty cool cause i also place pro-chevy properganda in there also ! the front cover would look real smooth with a ck5 sticker on it. hummmmmm.......never thought about that one before !

darrenolander
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    gettin'down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x4 play !

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

No, my glove compartment would feel violated then.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>BLAZER PICS</a>

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I dont dare keep all my receipts! I dont want to know how much I have spent. [​IMG] I esp. dont want puresanity, to know how much I have spent! [​IMG] LOL!

That is a great idea tho. I kept a log on my 1st Camaro of what I spent, hrs spent in the shop, part #'s, and the funniest,..... how many lite bulbs I changed in the shop while working on it. I never finished the car, I gave it away the week before I went to basic. [​IMG] Fortunately I hadnt spent much cash on it, just a bunch of time. It just had to go before I left.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I keep all my reciepts and paraphanelia in a little folder... so if i ever need to sell, and they ask for reciepts, I got 'em. Or just to know what i've done to it! lol

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    Kn, 4.56's.
    In desperate need of a rebuild.
    Next- Eaton mech locker... Flows.

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I do the same as TxSizek5 does..
    I've totaled up what I've spent on the 83.. and it's not that bad.. I seem to find deal's pretty easily..
    I've invested about $2,000.00 into the truck.. not including the purchase price of $2,000.
    Wheelin and dealin.. that's what it's all about.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

6. Pure Insanity

I used to have an idea of what I had spent, I was around 5000. I got the Blazer for 2000,(plus 500 in labor to the car lot I bought it from) in peices. It came w/ a motor, that ran but was unknown, (turned out to be a 327 block) and a bad tranny. It had the lift and new 38 Swampers. I ended up getting a Vortec core motor from the dealership I worked at. (free) Had the tranny rebuilt, then rebuilt again, and again, then 1 more time before I got a whole new tranny.

I have since dumped more into it, and have more to go on my wants list. [​IMG]

PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

7. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

The insurance company paid for my wheeler. I bought the Jimmy for 3,000, put 3,500 in lift, tires, and lights and lockers. When I rolled it they gave me 7,800 for it and I bought it back for 500. So the insurance company gave me 800 dollars to go wheeling and buy new lights since they got screwed up.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

8. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I have all my stuff in theosefile folders w/ sections for the letters. that way i dont have to go treasure hunting for the "one recipt" i need, seeing as how almost my whole truck is lifetime warranty.[​IMG]

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye!

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I keep all receipts in a file, as well as have about 3 binders worth of old articles, information, catalogs, etc. all related to the Blazer. This is K5 #5 so I kinda like these things and keep everything I get my hands on about them.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

10. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

was the tranny you had stock, because i have had troubl;e with my tranny also.

16, 88 jimmy, kearning, but still need help

11. Pure Insanity

The tranny I had was a TH350. It was total junk! The case was cracked, had a bad casting, and was generaly toast-ada. I got a complete new tranny and havent had a prob since. It was just a non rebuildable bad tranny. It went to the scrap pile. I just wish the 1st guy I had rebuilding it noticed these problems. It would have saved me a ton of trouble. He gave up and refunded my money and I took it to someone else that took one quick look at it and said it was a gonner. The shop that finally got me rolling is the tranny shop my dad uses for his shop. Should have used him to begin with!

GO</a>