Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anybody have a "JTR" TPI instruction book?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72Blazerod, Oct 5, 2001.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Does anybody have a \"JTR\" TPI instruction book?

Hello again guys,

I was just wondering if anyone bought one of the JTR Installation guides for TPIs, or any other resource like it? If you have one and don't need it now, let me know. I am really considering going with this TPI thing now.

Thanks,

Rod

<a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.ca/72BlazerodsOldChevyTruckPage/photoalbums.msnw>http://communities.msn.ca/72BlazerodsOldChevyTruckPage/photoalbums.msnw</a>

2. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Re: Does anybody have a \"JTR\" TPI instruction book?

I have the book. It is ok gives a good overview but in my opinion is not really that great of a help with the install. It plugs alot of the proiducts jags sells (expensive). And basically is just an overview of all the stuff. If you have specific questions I will look em up for you.

Chris =)

I think the exhaust fumes have finally gotten to me!!

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I have the "TPI Swappers Guide" by John Baechtel. Pretty informative, lots of good info. But try other sources also on the net for the definitive swap guide such as -

www.fuelinjection.com
    www.jagsthatrun.com

If you are anywhere near Portland, Oregon I have a guy for you to talk to..........but he won't just give phone advice unless you are buying a motor from him. He built my 406TPI and has done over 100 of these conversions into Jags, trucks, etc.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I have both the JTR book (POS, if you ask me) and the "TPI Swappers Guide" by John Baechtel. The Baechtel book offers more detail on what changes were made from year to year and how the systems work. The JTR book is more or less a recipe book on how to swap a 350 or 305 TPI engine into a Jaguar and doesn't go into much detail at all. Don't waste your money on this book.

5. MRBIGBLOCK

MRBIGBLOCK 1/2 ton status

i dont agree with you on this book it is GREAT!! i used it to install a tpi in a s10 xcab with great success!!!1