Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anybody have Procomp M/T?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Feb 7, 2001.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I saw them on a J**P today. How do they perform street,and mud? Noise level? And is another M/T that I should look into?
    I've had BFG's and Swampers

<font color=blue> Taxes are Stealing</font color=blue>

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I haven't gotten them yet, but a friend of mine who does off-roading rode in a truck that had them and he said they were really quiet. When I talked to the guy he said they were great. Much better then his BFG's. The mud and snow traction is the same as most MT's, but is very quiet on the street and are excelent in the rain because they are sipped right at Pro Comp. All and all it convinced me to get some this spring when I lift the truck.

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I want to get them when 4- wheel parts has the buy 3 get one free deal..

<font color=blue> Taxes are Stealing</font color=blue>

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

When are they going to do that again????

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

5. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have them. They are quiet on the street at 55mph. Good in snow, been in about 14 inches so far. Gripped good in loose shale type rock, no rock crawling yet. Haven't tried really deep sand yet, maybe 5 inch deep and they did well. Spin on the dreaded ICE, but they do have holes if you want to stud them. I haven't had them in the rain yet. I'd rate them very good.

PRAY FOR SNOW!

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I've got them, but I don't have them on yet. I'm waiting until this spring after I add a 2" body lift. I read an article about them written by the Rock Crawling Champion ( I don't remember his name ) and he spoke extremely highly of them. He said they outperformed the swampers and others. He also said the siping helped grab more of the rocks for an incredible bite. I asked others who own them and they all had good things to say. I'm getting very anxious to put them on. I can hardly wait for the snow here in Wisconsin to finally leave ! I'll try to find the article I'm talking about for you to read, it was impressive to say the least. 4 wheel parts runs the sale quite often, keep your eyes open for it. </font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

[​IMG]

7. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

8. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Wonder how much the 37's will be when they start selling them. Hope they do it.

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG]