Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anybody run with a softtop during....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by triger, Apr 7, 2003.

1. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">The winter months? And do they hold up to heavy snow? I am looking at getting the can back but don't want to go through the hassle of switching tops for winter weather...I want to keep the softtop on on year round...I live in the north eastern part of the states and get some descent snow every once in a while...Let me know if any of you do this and your results... /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if u can afford a canback, go for it. IMO they are the highest quality softtop money can buy.

As far as running it during the winter goes... Im not the one to ask, I havent had a top of any kind on my rig since last summer... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Well I lived in a heavy swon area in '78-'81 and had a '76 CJ7 with a soft top. When it would drop 6' of snow over night I'd take a broom out in the morning and push the snow off the top. Sometimes it would sag the top down 4"-6"s but it never tore. And that was with the cheap azz stock jeep top. The plastic windows suffered the most from the sand they used on the roads.

4. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I've had a Kayline top for 5 yrs, year round. no problems except a couple ripped snaps in the cold weather (from trying to remove them) It gets so tight in the cold I don't even notice if it sags from snow weight, I don't think it does. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

hey triger, I just picked up one last week (used). Its not installed yet, but soon I it will be. With today's weather, feels like we need to worry about the snow all year.

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have a Kayline Fast Trac top which is on year round - without problems. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">Yeah i hear ya...It is ridiculous...That's why I want to know cause I hate the hard top and it seems to snow around here 9 months out of the year... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I just hate to have to go out every couple hours to clean it off...I see alot of cheeps with soft tops on all year round so i figured it should not be a problem...

T </font>