Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anybody use LMC Truck catalog???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by triger, Feb 6, 2003.

1. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green"> Just wondering cause you can get alot of things outa this catalog. Just wondering how the parts, and the prices are?

21 days and counting to pick up my first /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif a 1990 stock. can not wait, will also be jopining the K5 ranks same day...</font color>

2. will89

will89 1/2 ton status

yeah but its not cheap. If you can get it at a junkyard do that. Or if you just need new stuff like rubber thats not old,dry, and cracked. I needed the rubber felt swipes that go along the bottom outside of the roll up windows. Those are rubber over a pliable metal and its pretty hard to remove them from a junker without bending all them up and out of shape. Thats if you can find one thats not dry and crusty. my .02$

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from LMC over the years. They are really useful for some of the oddball parts like the felt windows gaskets, trim pieces and OEM specific parts.

If you are doing a restoration then you NEED to have their catalog.

Prices are a little high for some things but you get great customer service.

4. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green">Is there any other repair and parts catalogs out there with better prices...I am looking for some good catalogs out there too start fixing up this /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif that I am getting soon...I do appreciate the feedback from you guys...Thanks

21 days and counting to pick up my first /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif a 1990 stock. can not wait, will also be joining the K5 ranks same day...

T </font color>

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you go cheap, you get cheap parts.

Sorry, but my experience with LMC's rear window gasket wasn't that great. They have great service and support, but the rear window gasket is not made correctly. Since GM doesn't sell them anymore, you are out of luck for some of this stuff.

If you want replacement pieces to last for 20 years, go GM when you can. It's not always more expensive than aftermarket, I've compared many LMC parts to gmpartsdirect.com, and the prices are usually pretty close. When GM actually still sells them /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'm not saying every aftermarket piece sucks, but most don't meet up with GM parts quality wise.

6. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

I have ordered LMC a few times and have been very happy, but there is one other place I know....Gloden State Parts...they have a great selection and are sometimes a little cheaper for the same stuff.

7. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

I used them once, and loved the selection until I received a Chevy Duty catalog. They're web site is great Chevy Duty and the catalog is in full color and has more stuff. Try it out.

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I have ordered from both LMC and Chevy Duty- (just placed a $500 order this morning with Chevy Duty)...Chevy Duty had more Original parts,,,LMC had more reproductions. I'm a biggy on proper fit, and spent a bit more to get the same thing at CD than I would have from LMC...but then again, I'm one of those who bought my doors/fenders etc.. from a GM dealer and paid 5X more than what you'd pay from LMC or CD..

Brandy

9. aahomerepair

aahomerepair Registered Member

Me my self i use www.chevyduty.com they are in kansas too
    and there shipping is free unless you buy a hood or large parts and the price's are a little less than lmc.
    newbie here coming over from offroad.com this site is ten times better and has alot better info. thank's for the site guy's none better that i have found /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif