Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone else have the "sickness"

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by POWERMAD, Mar 10, 2004.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Does anyone else have the \"sickness\"

Here I am neck deep into the K5 with all of its quirks and I am already gathering parts for the next rig.
    Good thing my "sickness" has been pretty much cheap to support so far. Just labor intensive.
    I've always wanted a 4x4 pickup and since the 73's engine went tits up I have been lookin for a 4x4 chassis.
    My buddy has a 1/2 ton one that he sold to me for $250.
    Well I've never been able to leave well enough alone and a 1/2 ton rig is kinda useless to me.
    Ken has this 3/4 ton 4x4 burb.
    He is gonna use it for a yard rig and just use a 350/400 2 wheel drive setup on it.
    I was lookin at it going umm dude it's got 4:10s in it and that is kind of a waste.
    So for the measly price of swapping the axles out of the burb for the ones in the pick up chassis I get em for free.
    Along with a good TH350/203.
    So basicly I got a 3/4 ton 4x4 chassis minus the engine for $250. Although I did give him the Taurus for scrap.
    And since I have 2 BBC's and another SBC to build an engine is not an issue.
    That will give me a play rig and a solid DD 4x4, a going to work rig and now the ol lady has a car all her own again.
    I'm happy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Re: Does anyone else have the \"sickness\"

Righteous man! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Bill

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Re: Does anyone else have the \"sickness\"

Finding a D60 for cheap will be Righteous. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I'm just waiting, I will find one.
    Anyone can buy a rig, but building one to suit your taste and style is so much better.
    I just wish my shop roof didn't leak so bad /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif