Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone elses family suck?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by afroman006, Dec 25, 2005.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I want christmas to be over. I'm stuck in Port Aransas, TX with my sister, mom, and my mom's sister's flaming liberal family. They are ****ing annoying and arrogant as hell. I have been on a keystone IV to keep from resorting to violence. Even thought the weather sucks, I want to go hunting. I want to be at my shop tearing some parts trucks to pieces, not here listening to these know it alls talk about how much they dont like bush. I seriously think they do it to spite me and the only thing keeping me from snapping is common decency, which they seem to lack. The cousins have horrible hygiene too. The boy is 16 and loves his anime, plays magic, and has to be told when to take a shower by his mom. The girl is 13 and a fatass ex-vegetarian who last month was telling people how bad meat is for them even though shes 5' tall and a solid 160. She got off the veggie kick, which I find ironically amusing. They are both homeschooled, and are wierd because of it. They are so sheltered its kinda sad, but I am malicious enough to think its funny. I will report back if I survive tomorow without ending up in an episode of cops. Carry on.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I just got back from my sisters place. Overall it was a much better night than usual. Normally I can only stand them in small doses, but tonight everyone was pretty cool and we all had a good time.

Tomorrow it's the in-laws, I'll do what i can to make it cool (attitude wise) and see how it goes.

I really don't look forward to this much time with family, I just hope to survive with my sanity intact. 26th I'm going wheeling and fishing with my buddy Stan, it'll defintiely be the hi-light of the season for me!

Rene

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I never knew how lucky I was I guess to have both sides of my entire family as conservatives.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

im not much for family. my mom is the drama point of the family, blood and distant. im sitting here all alone in my barracks room and have no complaints about it.
    Grant

5. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice ...mee tooo

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Make that 3 - all conservative and fun around the holidays.

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

My family is all well-meaning, but they get annoying. Like today, I just got back from surfing (yea, it's cold as ****), and before I left, my aunt says "You can't go surfing, the waves are too big!"

Uh, that's kinda the point.

All except for my uncle. He's cool, he a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans and let me drive his new Mini Cooper S, which is all kinda fun to drive.

It's funny seein an SCV license plate on a Cooper.

8. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Family whats that? you guys here are my only family...at least the only family i have contact with...

and i'm still sittin here by myself.....waiting for your x-mas gifts you all mailed me to show up..:)...lol..j/k

merry x-mas

9. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Made it through today peacefully. I have now retreated to my grandmothers house an hour and a half away and will commence with parts truck teardown tomorow.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I will be glad...when its over..2!

"Christmas" is just another disfuntional family event I have not enjoyed ever since I was about 18..after that,it was just another one of those days,when all the family had to try and sit in the same room,and not end up in an argument over something..

I always seemed to end up being riduculed for not being as "successful" as my siblings.(Black Sheep Syndrome!)...so I no longer attend the "festivities" when they are held 70 miles away at my neices..

I have no desire to burn 25 bucks worth of gas to attend,and end up pissed off at one or more family members..this year I had SQUAT to buy any presents with..all I could afford was a 10 dollar lottery ticket,and 10 bucks for my mom..I told everyone else not to get ANYTHING for me,because I had no choice but to give them nothing,except for my usual donation of time and labor when they need my help..and as usual,I get many nice gifts,and cash anyway..and I feel like a heel because I bought nothing,or my mom bought them things and puts my name on them..can you say "Guilt Trip"..:(

Then you hear all the whispers.."he's unemployed"..I don't know what he's going to do if he doesn't get a job"..."he doesn't do anything but what HE wants to do""what's he going to do when ma passes away??--".....would you guys want to go to a "celebration" like that??..
    I don't..

Plus my younger brother (who's gay,but not flamboyant or "open" about it,but we all know)brought his "same sex" partner with him this year,so I'm doubly glad I didn't go--makes me sick the way they brownose my mother,and they will probably end up with her estate someday..and I bet my older brother wasn't pleased about it either..he despises any "non family" members going to what he feels should be a "family only" get together..can't say I disagree..--

Of course,I get treated like an outcast,for not going to the "celebration"..but I don't like socializing all that much..
    I prefer to spend the day doing what I like to celebrate ,not what their idea of it is..since I'm stuck here alone 90% of the time having to care for my elderly mother,I need a day off without her bickering once in a while--,and I really look forward to it when my younger brother takes her away for the day,for at least a few hours..I need the time off!!..

"It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year"...yeah..if your between the age of 1-18..after that--It's The Most Dysfunctional Time Of The Year"..:mad: ...

I no longer look forward to it,nor do I miss it when its over..It hasn't been the same since I lost my dad,and when we used to go to our grandparents house years ago..

I tend to get more stressed out,depressed,and moody than at any other time of the year at "Christmas time"..it's little wonder suicides,overdoses, and assaults skyrocket this time of year..its definately the saddest time of the year for a great many people--especially those with loved ones serving overseas in the military,ones who have lost family members recently,etc..

Thankfully,I DO spend my time alone listening to inspirational music of the season,and focus on the real meaning of the day..too many people think just because they spend a lot of money on gifts,that makes you a "good person"--and those like me who can't,or won't,are "cheap bastards","Grinches","Scrooges",etc.....I disagree--its not the amount of cash,or how many presents you give--its what's in your heart that counts..too many people measure love with $$$$$$$$--dollar signs..:(

Well,I just noticed its OVER!..its now dec.26th...but the hard feelings left over from today will last well into the next year and beyond..:crazy:

11. TexasA&Mblazer

TexasA&Mblazer 1/2 ton status

WOW. I hope you feel better now that you got all that off your chest. :crazy:

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

this reminded me of an ugly incident..

Christmas day 2001 was the last time I spoke to my aunt, uncle and 2 cousins in pittsburgh.( uniontown, to be exact).. I grew up with them being a big part of my life, and that day I finally had enough of being yelled at for being a conservative christian self employed gun nut. ( yes, they hated all those things equally).

They are lib democrats who hate succesful people, guns, and ronald reagan.

They believe that if you aren't in a union, you aren't doing an honest days work, and are convinced the american dream is unattainable.

Things were good between all of us, until I became self employed, and later married a good conservative girl who would yell back at my uncle ( and cousins) during his ( and their )tirades. After a while I only went to visit them for the sake of my grandmother, who was pushing 80, and still one of my favorite people on the earth.

so here it is, the cristmas trip of 2001.

I told my wife lisa before we got there for dinner that if she got tired of the arguing, just say the word, and we'll go...

We're not there 10 minutes, I don't even have my boots off, and I have to hear that it's bush's fault the twin towers came down, My dad is an a$$hole because he bought a vette upon retirement, etc, etc..

I'm too busy arguing politics , but my wife asks us all to stop yelling, and could we please just have a nice visit, as we just drove 3 hours to see them, and wouldn't our now deceased grandmother be upset if she were alive to see this..

My one cousin did the absolute wrong thing.. he laughs at my wife... she blows up, and runs out the door.. she yells " tom, the truck is leaving for ohio, make up your mind how much longer you wanna do this"..

I get out the door, and her jimmy is coming down the driveway sideways ( it had the 4.3 vortec) I dive in, just like starsky and hutch, and we've never looked back.

I never even got a phone call after that, either.

I don't need people to agree with me,but what kills me is that these clowns forgot we were family.

They forgot the time I drove the PA pike in a blizzard to deliver a D50 cylinder head for my cousins dodge truck, 'caue the stupid PA junkyards are useless, and he had to get back to school in 2 days.

and they forgot that my parents fed, clothed and housed my aunt and uncle 'cause my uncle was a stupid drunk who wouldn't work for months at a time.

I could go on, but screw them.

the rest of my family, in laws included, I really like.

Tom

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hell that was a short post TOO!!!!

14. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Thanks for the holiday pick me up.....:D :haha: For those that have liberal relatives, if you have to deal with them, kill them with facts. My wife has a few liberal friends and when we get together they like to talk smack. I sit there calmly and blow every argument they have out of the water with cold hard reality. They get frustrated to all end hearing every wild claim they make refuted with the truth and they eventually give up. I end up going home feeling quite happy.