Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A DESKTOP DYNO PROGRAM???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pure Insanity, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

if anyone has 1 would you run my combo?i get my 400 horse estimation from a magizine motor build up that was almost identical to mine.they had a touch more cam(like .010 different)and i have more compression.id love to see if it really is 400 horse.i havent driven this motor yet,but it sounds bad a$$!!im thinking about 1-2 more weeks and itll be on the road.HOPEFULLY.im basicly down to details now.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.

2. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

I don't know the legalitys on this but I'm sure on of us has to have this program and if they could put it in a post so the rest of us cheap K5's could download it, lets just say we could work something out.

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I know Shawn has it....but I haven't seen him here in days. Probably trying to finish up his beastly big block...[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jules.coloradok5.com>http://jules.coloradok5.com</A>

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Just my take on this. Please understand I am not trying to be critical of anyone.
    There certainly are forums for this sort of thing, however I don't believe we'd be doing Steve a service by using his board for this. Indeed "giving" of software to another person so that they don't have to purchase it is probably never legal. Certainly in the majority of situations it is not. Perhaps it may be wiser, though certainly not easier nor less time consuming, for an individual or individuals to accept, via e-mail or other private communication, the specs of a particular engine and send results to the owner of said engine. Alternately it may be beneficial to do some sort of websearch for a "shareware" or "freeware" version of one of these softwares.
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

5. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

It IS legal if you are not "selling" the software . . . I learned that on my tour of the F.B.I. building.

- SlyDog [​IMG]

6. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I'm interpreting your post to mean a situation where a person gives a copy of a piece of software to another and the orginal owner of the softare fails to delete that software from his computer. If I am wrong please disregard the following. As well various software packages have different licenses, however the below assumes that the desktop dyno programs in question come with a 1 user license, not a site license.
    I really don't wanna be an ass about this, maybe las vegas can shed some light on this one, but I'd bet my paycheck that it is not legal to give it away either. The business software alliance, 1-888-NOPIRACY or <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bsa.org/usa/antipiracy/>http://www.bsa.org/usa/antipiracy/</A>, says the following: Software is one of the most valuable technologies of the Information Age, running everything from PCs to the Internet. Unfortunately, because software is so valuable, and because computers make it easy to create an exact copy of a program in seconds, software piracy is widespread. From individual computer users to professionals who deal wholesale in stolen software, piracy exists in homes, schools, businesses and government. Software pirates not only steal from the companies that make the software, but with less money for research and development of new software, all users are hurt. <font color=red>That's why all software piracy - even one copy you make for a friend - is illegal.</font color=red>
    And as the number of PCs and Internet use grow, the incidence of software piracy is growing, too. The Business Software Alliance believes new technologies should enhance ways to access and distribute copyrighted works legally, not illegally. Help us put Internet pirates out of business - report piracy today. All reports are kept strictly confidential.
    I'm not trying to be critical, I just would hate to see anyone here get into trouble.

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

7. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Way to burst the bubble here AGM73K5.....

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

8. Logan

Logan Registered Member

Looks like there's a few shareware ones kicking around out there. Check out:

http://www.sweptline.com/tech/sims.html

-Al.

9. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

I have A copy of "DeskTop Dyno" by Motion Software Inc.
    What are all you specs on your enigine? With the program I can give you a ballpark figure.
    I need total timing though not like 4 or 12 BDC
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ma87k5 on 04/07/01 06:04 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

10. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

no no no i dont want the software!i was wonderin if someone would run my combo.im not gettin into all that pirate software thing.this is the 1st time id even thot of using it.if i find i need it that often ill buy it.ma87k5 ill p/m you the specs tommorrow its 1030 and i just got home for an all day thrash fest on my blazer.i am 1 whooped up pup.thanx in advance.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer silverado 400 horse 350 w/vortec heads 38 x15.5 swampers (40 hawgs next)10 bolts(blah)w/4:88s coming soon,14 bolt.