Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone have an extra TH350 to NP205 adapter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jay73K20, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Jay73K20

Jay73K20 Registered Member

I cracked my transfer case adapter. I was wondering if anyone has an extra TH350 to NP205 adapter that they would sell to me?
    Thanks

Jason
    Jay54_98@yahoo.com

2. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

good luck finding one though I have seen a few for sale in the for-sale section, and on ebay........

anyway how the F does that big cast iron adapter break, when the tiny aluminum th350 housing is right there.. seems like the tranny would snap in half before the adapter broke

mike

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would think the same, but my adapter sheared and the tranny was fine. I am hopefully going to post a pick of it shortly.

4. Jay73K20

Hey lead foot it sounds like we have the same problem, a lead foot. It all happened when my rear blocks cracked and I ran over my driveshaft. Oh yeah I also cracked the transmission housing in half.

5. Leadfoot

Mine happened at the 270 FT mark during a truck pull. I have locked front and rear and the all 4 tires were digging (all torque being applied to drivetrain). I had poly mounts under the t-case and new rubber ones on the motor. The motor twisted but the t-case mounts did not and the adapter broke (yes while my foot was on the floor). Now I have the ORD poly motor mounts and don't have a problem ......yet. I heard a loud bang and thought I blew a driveshaft. It took a while to actually figure out what happened because the driveshafts were still attached and moved correctly. The t-case dropped an inch or two and I finally noticed the bare metal where it sheered. I lifted the t-case back into place, tied it in place with a 3" cargo ratchet strap and drove it home /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. Jay73K20

Where did you get a new adapter

7. Leadfoot

My local GM dealership for about $200 and that is with my frequent buyer discount /forums/images/icons/blush.gif.
    It would have been about $260+ for the average Joe. I was going to reweld mine (actually have somebody else do it), but I didn't like the thought of that. Plus the new one looks to be a little meatier.

There is a GM parts website that lists it for under 200 (if memory serves me, and that is the route I was going to go if I couldn't get it at the dealership for less), but the shipping was killer. I can't remember the name of the site, but somebody else may have that info.

8. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

gmpartsdirect.com ?

9. Leadfoot

That's the one, thanks!