Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone here tournament Bass fish? am or pro?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by jakeslim, Apr 14, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I've been looking into some of the local tournaments and it seems like a fun way to go fishing. Only thing is it $$$ and I don't have a bass boat....

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I just picked up a fish and ski for free from my buddy whos wife said one project has to go /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif I need some carpet and seats and a coat of paint. I will finally be boat fishing next spring if I can get this thing done this summer/fall. I do have a friend here in AZ that enters a few, never placed very well though, he seems to catch fish any other time which is funny

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

What make of a boat is it you got from him?

4. bnc04

bnc04 Guest

Try and become a member at one of your local bass clubs. Most of the time the smaller local bass clubs will hold tourney and the boater and non boater will split the cost of gas etc.

5. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

bnc04 is correct. That is the way to get started. You can also fish in the Pro-Am tournaments, but they cost much more. I fish in both, Pro-Am's as a Pro with my boat and I also fish in a local Bass Buddy club as both boater and/or rider. They both are fun and you will learn more about fishing doing either.