Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Does anyone in AZ that hangs on this board sell and stock Amsoil Products

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Aug 2, 2004.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for some Amsoil products, does anyone in AZ stock any of this fluid, and or know anyone that stocks this product. I can order off the internet no problem, but I don't want to wait, was hoping to pick it up locally.

Looking for the Series 2000 SAE 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube, need about 4 quarts of it, and some stuff.

If anyone know of someone that sell this stuff, please post up and let me know.

You can forward them my email address and have them contact me via email if you want.

My work email address is rob.finelli@usdoor.com

I only want to use someone that knows someone, if you don't know them, don't give me there address or contact information. Don't want the song and dance on becoming a dealer. Just want to buy some product.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I got a neighbor that pushes the stuff....

Steve.... Goes to work EVERY morning @ 5:15 am riding that f#$&'n Harley... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

He lives right across the street from Bronco Dave.

Marv

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Why Amsoil? I can get you Redline stuff from Lopers. they are about a mile from my house. I can get you whatever you need. Shockproof gear lube like I run is $9.45 a quart. I am running the Heavy weight (75W-250) but they carry some of the lighter stuff.

Is it for your Blazer or the dually?

Harley

4. therobzilla

The Dually, I need 4 quarts of the 2000 lube for the NV4500 trans to start with. I'm going to run it in all of the driveline components, Transfer case, front and rear axles.

Don't want to run the Redline stuff.

Marv, ask your neighbor how long it takes to get the stuff.

Harley, call me on my cell phone, I want to talk with you about this stuff, do you know someone that pushes this stuff??

I will pm you with my cell number.

Rob

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You may want to check out their oil filters for the Cummins also. Did some research a couple weeks ago and they sound like they are the best around.
    Do you know for sure that you can use that gear lube in the NV4500. While acquiring parts to build mine everyone I talked to said to use the OE lube in them. That trans has fiber friction pads on the insides of the synchro rings that evidently do not like anything other than their OE lube. I was told that other lube will create difficulty shifting at first and ruin the synchros shortly after that. I have heard of other people running non-OE synthetic lube but haven't heard results from them.
    If you run it, let me know how it works out for you.

6. therobzilla

Nick,

I'm sure that he Amsoil is the ticket for the NV4500, lots of guys on the DTR and TDR boards are running it for hard towing miles. I'm having 3rd gear syncro issues and before I tear it out and rebuild, I'm going to run this lube in the trans.

I just need to find out who in the valley sells it and stocks it, not just orders it off the internet. I can do that, it's 9.40 a quart.

I will let you know, once I do the swap. I am not going to pay the Stealership 23.00 a quart for the factory recommened lube, besides it's out of warranty anyways.

Rob

7. mosesburb

That's cool.
    I figured you had done your research, but just in case, I didn't want to see problems arise as I know how much those parts cost /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif.

If it requires building, I have the Kent-Moore tool kit for going through one of those transmissions.

8. therobzilla

Nick,

Have you rebuilt the NV4500 before? I have not, but have done plenty of NP205. The reason I ask, is wanted to know what the difficult level is. I figure If I can rebuild the 205, and I was going to rebuild the TH350 this winter, I should be able to rebuild the NV4500..

The Kent-Moore tool you mention, what function does it provide during the rebuild?

I really appreciate the information, helpful. Drop me you phone number on PM and we can talk. Need to get up to that side of town one night and check out the burb again.

Rob

9. mosesburb

Will do /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif